If you have been reading Mobility Nigeria, you must be already aware of the new MTN 6GB plan that has a subscription of N1,500 weekly. It is great value for money, but the MTN 2.5GB for 500 naira plan is even much better value for money, offering you more data for your naira.
If you do the math, the 6GB Weekly plan gives you 2GB per N500, while this plan gives you 2.5GB of data per N500. It is the most voluminous data plan on the MTN network and is hard to beat by anything available from the competition.
Also, this 2.5GB plan has a validity of 2 days, which is why it goes by the name, 2.5GB 2-day plan.
How do I activate MTN 2.5GB for 500 naira data plan? What is the code for this MTN Jolly Data plan?
You can subscribe to the plan from the MyMTN app. Check under the Hot Deals in the Data Bundles menu. If you are offline or prefer not to use the app, you can subscribe by dialling a shortcode: dial *121#.
Activate MTN 500 for 2.5GB plan via MyMTN mobile app
- Download MyMTN mobile app from the Play Store by clicking HERE.
- Sign in to the app.
- Make sure you have ₦500 on your line, or you recharge your line with the same amount via the app.
- In the app’s Homepage, tap the “Bundle” tag at the bottom row of the screen
- You will find yourself on a page that says, “Data Bundles“
- Scroll through and locate the “2.5GB 2-day Plan“; tap on the N500 beside it
- Choose your payment method – either your Airtime or Bank Card, and then complete the order
Activate MTN 2.5GB for 500 naira plan via USSD code
If you prefer to use USSD, the offer you get is slightly different. Instead of 2.5GB, what you get is 2GB for 500 naira.
- Make sure you have ₦500 on your line,
- Dial *121# on your line.
- On the next menu, select the option labelled “Data Offers 4ME” or “MTN Top Deals 4ME“.
- On the next menu, select the option that says “Get 2GB for N500“
- Complete the process
Once subscribed, you will get a text message from MTN Nigeria confirming activation of your plan, as well as your data volume. You can use the package on your smartphone, feature phone, USB modem or MiFi. The MTN 2.5GB for 500 naira subscription works on 2G, 3G, and 4G coverage.
How do I roll unused data on MTN 2.5GB for 500 naira?
To roll over unused data on this plan, make sure that you renew before the plan’s expiration date. As a matter of fact, after you have subcribed, you can set the plan to auto-renew. Just make sure that you have more than ₦500 on your line at anytime, so that the auto-renew goes through.
If you do not renew before the data expires or is used up, the unused data is wiped out.
PS: To keep up with updates and hot developments in Nigeria’s mobile sector, follow us on Twitter @MobilityNigeria.