MTN is my primary mobile network provider for both voice and data. This means that I depend on them for mobile internet when I am away from the home internet. About two years ago, I deliberately switched to MTN Xtraspecial because it was the most straightforward plan. I am a lover of straightforward things.
Let me give you a background: every individual subscriber on the MTN Nigeria network must belong to one subscriber plan. At the moment, there are six of them, as follows:
- YafunYafun: new subscribers to the network are automatical assigned to this after registering their SIM card. On YafunYafun, you enjoy 700% bonus on EVERY recharge of N100 and above: 350% of the bonus will be used for National Voice calls ONLY while 350% of the bonus will be used for Data activities. You also get ₦1000 SIM Activation bonus: N800 for National calls/SMS and N200 for ALL Data activities. Lastly, you enjoy 100% Data Bonus on SELECT data activations. See how complicated the whole thing is. YafunYafun is available to only new subscribers; if you ever migrate away from it, there is no way to get back on it.
- mPulse: this subscriber plan is for Pre-Teen and Teen customers between the age bracket of 9 and 15 years. They enjoy Special data bundles, Special Birthday reward, and National calls at 15.36k/secs.
- TruTalk: you enjoy FLAT rate of 14kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after paying a daily access fee of ₦10.
- BetaTalk: subscribers enjoy 250% airtime bonus and 250% Data bonus on EVERY recharge from N1 to N999. While on recharges of N1000 and above, customers will get 250% airtime bonus and N2500 FLAT for Data activities.
- Xtraspecial Prepaid: you enjoy a flat rate of 15k/sec to ALL networks in Nigeria. Customers also enjoy discounted international call rates to 7 countries, as well as special data plans.
- Pulse: you enjoy a FLAT rate of 13k/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after the first 90 seconds call of the day is charged at 30k/sec. This is a great plan for people who talk a lot.
Table of Contents
What is MTN Xtraspecial?
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid is a special tariff plan offered by MTN Nigeria that allows customers to enjoy calls at a flat rate of 15 kobo per second to all networks in Nigeria and discounted call rates to eleven international destinations. This plan also provides various benefits such as data bonuses and rewards for airtime and data purchases.
Benefits of MTN Xtraspecial
The benefits of MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid include:
- Calls at a flat rate of 15 kobo per second to all networks in Nigeria and to eleven international destinations.
- Discounted call rate to eleven (11) international countries.
- Data bonuses and rewards for airtime and data purchases.
- Cheaper data bundles when migrating to the XtraSpecial prepaid tariff plan.
What is MTN Xtraspecial data?
Users of the Xtraspecial Prepaid plan have exclusive access to two special data plans that other MTN subscribers do not have. The plans are 5GB data for ₦1500 with a validity of 30 days, and 15GB data for ₦3500 with a validity of 30 days.
How to migrate to MTN Xtraspecial Prepaid
How To Migrate To Xtraspecial Prepaid Plan
You can migrate to the MTN XtraSpecial plan via any of the channels below:
Text ‘408’ to 312
Dial *408*1# or dial *123*2*4#
myMTN NG App:
- Login to myMTN NG App, select ‘Other Plans’ and select ‘XtraSpecial’
- Logon to https://mymtn.com.ng
- Enter your phone number.
- Enter OTP and select ‘Proceed’
- On the top right corner of the home page, click your name.
- Select My Plan
- Select Other Plans
- Select MTN XtraSpecial
Get 5GB for ₦1500 on MTN Xtraspecial
The easiest way to get the special 5GB Xtraspecial data plan, which costs ₦1500 and has a 30-day validity period, is to use the MyMTN NG app. Download the app from your phone’s app store and sign in.
Next, tap on “Buy Bundle” in the app homescreen > Categories > Data Bundles > Monthly. Now, scroll down till you see “5GB Xtraspecial”. Tap the “Buy now” button and proceed to complete the purchase. You will be billed ₦1500 either from your airtime or via a debit card.
Get 15GB for ₦3500 on MTN Xtraspecial
The easiest way to get the special 15GB Xtraspecial data plan, which costs ₦3500 and has a 30-day validity period, is to use the MyMTN NG app. Download the app from your phone’s app store and sign in.
Next, tap on “Buy Bundle” in the app homescreen > Categories > Data Bundles > Monthly. Now, scroll down till you see “15GB Xtraspecial”. Tap the “Buy now” button and proceed to complete the purchase. You will be billed ₦3500 either from your airtime or via a debit card.