If you are hunting for the nearest location where you can register with NIMC to get your national ID card and NIN, in addition to NIMC offices, there are now hundreds of approved NIN enrollment centres in locations around the country.
National Identity Number registration can now be done at not only NIMC offices, but also at any of the 173 newly approved private centres, as well as 30 state government institutions. This is to ease the burden on NIMC offices, which have been overstretched in recent times.
Zenith Bank Branches Serving As Approved NIN Enrollment Centres
Zenith Bank PLC has 53 branches around the country serving as NIN enrolment centres. The locations include the Head Office Annex 1 at Victoria Island, as well as branches at Ikeja, Marina, Maitama, Gwagwalada, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Matori, Sango Ota 1, Kano, Akure, Ikorodu, Kaduna, Benin, Badagry, Sokoto, Agbor, Awka, Epe, Lekki, Ikotun, Uyo, Ojodu, Calabar, Onitsha, Ekpoma, Warri, Owerri, Yenegoa, Auchi, Jalingo, Ado-Ekiti, Aba, Lafia, Umuahia, Osogbo 2, Lokoja, Zaria, Asaba, Ilorin, Minna, and Gombe.
The full list of Zenith Bank branches serving as NIN enrollment centres is available HERE. Both customers and non-customers of Zenith Bank can enrol at these branches.
Other Private Companies Appointed as Approved NIN Enrollment Centres
Below are some prominent private institutions that have also been appointed to serve as NIN enrollment centres.
- Airtel Network Limited
- Emerging Markets Telecommunications Services Limited (9Mobile)
- Globacom Limited
- MTN Nigeria Communications Plc.
- Softcom Ltd
- VDT Communications Ltd
- Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank)
- Sterling Bank
- 9mobile Limited
Government Agencies Appointed As NIN Registration Centres
- Abuja Enterprise Agency
- Central Bank of Nigeria (Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement Systems Plc)
- Corporate Affairs Commission
- Defence Space Administration
- Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
- Joint Tax Board
- Military Pensions Board
- National Agricultural Extension & Research Liaison Services
- National Commission for Refugees, Migrants & Internally Displaced Persons
- National Health Insurance Scheme
- National Pension Commission Nigeria Communications Commission
- National Population Commission
- Nigerian Postal Service
Where can I register for NIN in Lagos? Here are the NIN enrollment centres in Lagos
Here are some confirmed active NIN registration centres in Lagos where you can apply for your NIN or have your BVN-generated NIN updated.
- MTN, e-Centre, Commercial Avenue, Yaba
- UNILAG, Property Management Building, Faculty Of Education, Opposite Education Hall, University of Lagos
- Yaba College of Technology (YabaTech), Multipurpose Building, Yaba College Of Technology, Yaba
- Airtel showroom, Tejuosho, Yaba
- Somolu LGA, Shomolu Local Government Area Building, Durosimi Street, Shomolu
- MTN Opebi
- MTN, Ikeja City Mall, Alausa
- Glo, Ikeja City Mall, Alausa
- GTbank, Alausa
- Omole Phase 2 CDA Office, Omole Phase 2, beside Otedola Estate, Ojodu
- Ikeja LGA, 1, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja LGA, Ikeja
- Federal inland Revenue Service, FIRS Building, 17b Awolowo Road, Ikoyi
- Airtel Express Point, Oyin Jolayemi, Victoria Island
- 9mobile Centre, 43, Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island
- Airtel showroom, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere
- Airtel showroom, Ogba
- GTBank Ogba
- GTBank, Oba Akran, Ikeja
- Airtel showroom, Oba Akran, Ikeja
- GTBank Iju
- Ayobo Ipaja LCDA, LCDA Secretariat, Ayobo Road, Ipaja
- Campos Square ERC, Campos Mini Stadium, Lagos Island
- GTBank Catholic Mission, GT Bank 21/22 Catholic Mission Street, Lagos Island
- 9mobile Centre, 31, Marina Rd, Marina, Lagos Island
- GTBank Ajah, Ilaja Bus Stop by Oando Filing Station
- Ibeju Lekki LGA, Local Government Secretariat HQ, Ibeju- Lekki
- GTBank Kosofe, 154 Ikorodu Road, Ketu
- Ikorodu LGA ERC, Ikorodu LGA Secretariat, Opp. Ikorodu General Hospital, Ebute Road, Ikorodu
- Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Engineering Lecture Theatre Hall, Ikorodu Campus, Ikorodu
- Lagos State University (LASU), MBA Block, MBA Board Room, LASU, Ojo
- 9mobile Centre, Royal Plaza, 23 Rd 402 junction, Festac Town
NIMC’s announcement of the new NIN enrolment centres comes a day after the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) gave a two-week ultimatum to telecom service providers to block phone numbers without NIN. The deadline has since been moved forward twice, and is currently May 6th 2021.
The NIMC also has a list of enrolment centres on its website HERE, though the website is throwing up errors a lot these days, likely from the volume of traffic it is getting in the wake of NCC’s announcement.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.