If you are hunting for the nearest location where you can register with NIMC to get your national ID card and NIN, in addition to NIMC offices, there are now hundreds of approved NIN enrollment centres in locations around the country.
National Identity Number enrollment can now be done at not only NIMC offices, but also at any of the 173 newly approved private centres, as well as 30 state government institutions. This is to ease the burden on NIMC offices, which have been overstretched in recent times.
Zenith Bank Branches Serving As Approved NIN Enrollment Centres
Zenith Bank PLC has 53 branches around the country serving as NIN enrollment sentres. The locations include the Head Office Annex 1 at Victoria Island, as well as branches at Ikeja, Marina, Maitama, Gwagwalada, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Matori, Sango Ota 1, Kano, Akure, Ikorodu, Kaduna, Benin, Badagry, Sokoto, Agbor, Awka, Epe, Lekki, Ikotun, Uyo, Ojodu, Calabar, Onitsha, Ekpoma, Warri, Owerri, Yenegoa, Auchi, Jalingo, Ado-Ekiti, Aba, Lafia, Umuahia, Osogbo 2, Lokoja, Zaria, Asaba, Ilorin, Minna, and Gombe.
The full list of Zenith Bank branches serving as NIN enrollment centres is available HERE. Both customers and non-customers of Zenith Bank can enroll at these brances.
Other Private Companies Appointed as Approved NIN Enrollment Centres
Below are some prominent private institutions that have also been appointed to serve as NIN enrollment centres.
- Airtel Network Limited
- Emerging Markets Telecommunications Services Limited (9Mobile)
- Globacom Limited
- MTN Nigeria Communications Plc.
- Softcom Ltd
- VDT Communications Ltd
Government Agencies Appointed As NIN Enrollment Centres
- Abuja Enterprise Agency
- Central Bank of Nigeria (Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement Systems Plc)
- Corporate Affairs Commission
- Defence Space Administration
- Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
- Joint Tax Board
- Military Pensions Board
- National Agricultural Extension & Research Liaison Services
- National Commission for Refugees, Migrants & Internally Displaced Persons
- National Health Insurance Scheme
- National Pension Commission Nigeria Communications Commission
- National Population Commission
- Nigerian Postal Service
NIMC’s announcement of the new NIN enrollment centres comes a day after the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) gave a two-week ultimatum to telecom service providers to block phone numbers without NIN.
The NIMC also has a list of enrollment centres on its website HERE, though the website is throwing up errors a lot these days, likely from the volume of traffic it is getting in the wake of NCC’s announcement.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.