Do you need to share your MTN airtime with a friend or family member? Easy. Follow these steps:
- Send an SMS in this format: Transfer Recipient’s Number Amount PIN to 777. E.g. ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777
- Or by dialling *600*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK
You should get an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777. Once confirmed, you will get another SMS confirming that the transfer went through.
Change Your PIN
To change your PIN from the default (0000), send an SMS in the format: default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. E.g., send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- Check out mobile data plans from MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
Founder of Mobility Nigeria. Yomi’s journey in mobile started when GSM technology was introduced in Nigeria in 2001. Besides obsessing over mobile phones, he also started creating WAP sites (early mobile-friendly websites created with HDML/WML). He began writing about phones in 2004 and has been at it since then. He has owned over 200 devices, from Symbian, Palm, PocketPC/Windows Mobile, BlackBerry/BB10, webOS, Windows Phone, Firefox, Ubuntu Touch, to Android, iOS, and KaiOS operating systems.