Xiaomi Redmi A2+ is an entry-level Android smartphone, one of the few ever released by Xiaomi, as the brand focuses more on the budget and premium flagship segments of the market.
The Redmi A2+ has a 6.52-inch LCD screen, is powered by a Helio G36 chipset, has an 8-megapixel rear camera, 5000mAh battery and 10W charging. It is the 2023 successor to the Xiaomi Redmi A1+ from 2022.
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE.
- 5G mobile network bands: No
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 164.9 x 76.8 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 192g
- Display: 6.52 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 60 Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen
- Colours: Light Blue, Light Green, Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic frame. Plastic back panel.
- Operating System: MIUI based on Android 12 Go Edition
- CPU: 64-bit, 2.2 GHz Octa-core
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G36 (12nm)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2 GB / 3 GB
- Internal Storage Memory: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: 8 MP main sensor + 2 MP depth sensor, autofocus, dual LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 5 MP, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Sound and Video
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: No.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS. Galileo.
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C.
- NFC: No.
Other Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 10W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number:
- Announced: March 2021
- Release Date in Nigeria: May 2023
Price in Nigeria: ₦52,900.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.
- Check out the best mobile data plans from MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
We share free and useful content about mobile technology and services in Nigeria.