Can you use your DStv subscription on your phone? Yes; you can. Perhaps you are on the move often and need to be able to watch DStv on your phone when you are out and about, so as to keep up with some of your favourite TV shows. Once you are subscribed to DStv, you are automatically eligible for mobile access to watch shows and movies on your smartphone.
Is DStv mobile access restricted to certain packages? Not at all. It does not matter which of the DStv packages you are subscribed to – DStv Padi, DStv Yanga, DStv Confam, DStv Compact, DStv Compact Plus, or DStv Premium – you can watch DStv on your phone, Android or iPhone, round the clock. All you need is the DStv mobile app and an active internet connection, from any of the mobile networks (MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile ), or Wi-Fi, and you are good to go.
How many phones or devices can you use DStv on at the same time?
You are allowed to register and use a maximum of four (4) devices at the same time. You can remove two (2) devices from your list every six (6) months.
Does the DStv app use data?
In order to watch DStv on your phone, an internet connection is required, so the app uses your data. If you have access to WiFi, it will use that too.
How much data does DStv streaming use?
The default mode is HD (1080p) video quality, and that uses about 2.3 GB of data per hour of viewing. However, you can change this setting to save data. See the section below.
How can I watch DStv on my phone without using data?
There is no way to watch DStv on your phone without using data. The app requires a day connection, so you have to subscribe to mobile Internet or use a WiFi connection.
How can I use DStv without subscription?
In Nigeria, there are no free channels or shows available on DStv. You have to be subscribed to a package to watch DStv on your smartphone.
Can you watch DStv on your phone without Wi-Fi?
Yes: you can. The mobile app works with both Wi-Fi and mobile data. As long as you have an active data bundle, you will be able to watch DStv on your phone.
What DStv channels can I watch on my phone?
You will have access to the exact same channels that your DStv package comes with. You are able to watch every channel that you normally watch on the TV screen.
Do you have to pay extra to watch DStv on your phone?
No. DStv mobile access comes at no extra cost to you. Once you have a regular subscription, you have access to watch your channels and shows on your mobile phone at no extra cost.
How much is DStv in Nigeria?
These are the different DStv packages and their monthly prices:
– DStv Padi: ₦2,150
– DStv Yanga: ₦2,950
– DStv Confam: ₦5,300
– DStv Compact: ₦9,000
– DStv Compact Plus: ₦14,250
– DStv Premium: ₦21,000
How to download and watch DStv on your phone in Nigeria
- Download the DStv App (Android OS or iOS) to your phone (or tablet).
- After downloading the app, how do you activate DStv on your phone? Simply log in using the email address and password you created when you signed up for DStv.
- Choose either Live (to see the TV channels on your package) or Catch Up (to see the latest episodes of shows you’re watching).
That’s it. You are good to go.
How to save data watching DStv channels on your phone
The DStv mobile app has a feature that you can use to save data by setting the maximum video quality. If you do not have an issue with data consumption and expenses, you can watch video in full HD quality, with your data usage coming to about 2.3 GB per hour.
However, there are four other settings you can choose to keep your data usage within limits. The lowest option will give you 216P quality video and limit your data consumption to about 100MB per hour.
- Launch the DStv App and tap More in the bottom right of the screen.
- On the next page, select Settings.
- Scroll down till you see Maximum Video Quality, and then select that.
- You will be presented with options of video quality to choose from. Pick whichever you prefer. The selection menu will close, and you can go back to the app’s main page to start watching shows and movies.
Enjoy watching your favourite DStv shows and channels on the go.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.