Vivo has quietly introduced the Vivo Y20s into the Nigerian market. The phone was first announced globally in October 2020 and is now on sale in the country. This phone has some interesting specs and features, including a 6.5-inch display, 128GB of internal storage, and a 5000mAh battery coupled with 18W fast charging.
There are three RAM options of the phone available – 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB. The variant available in Nigeria is 8GB RAM. It is good to see Vivo not throw the lowest specs at the Nigerian market. There is FM radio built in, always a good thing for smartphones targeting this region.
The camera specs include an 8 MP wide angle front camera in a waterdrop notch, and a triple camera setup with LED flash at the back. It consists of a 13 MP wide angle lens, 2 MP macro lens, and a 2 MP depth sensor.
Powering the Y20s is a Snapdragon 460 processor. Below are the full specs of the Vivo Y20s
Vivo Y20s specs
- 6.51 inches,720 x 1600 pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, LCD display
- Funtouch OS 11, based on Android 10
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 processor
- 8 GB RAM
- 128 GB internal storage memory
- Main Camera: 13MP wide angle + 2 MP macro lens + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8 MP wide angle lens
- Side fingerprint scanner
- 5000mAh non-removable battery
- 18W Flash Charge (fast charging)
- Dual Nano SIM
- Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Memory card slot: Dedicated microSDXC
- USB port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go.
- Materials: Plastic frame and back panel, glass screen
- Colours: Purist Blue, Obsidian Black, and Nebula Blue
Vivo Y20s initially sold for ₦85,500 towards the end of 2020, but now costs ₦89,900 in early 2021.
Is this the phone for you? The Snapdragon 460 processor would be a source of worry. Qualcomm bragged quite a bit about it at its launch. Thankfully, our sister site has already handled it and it performed well (see MobilityArena’s Nokia 3.4 review for their experience with the Snapdragon 460). So, we wouldn’t worry about performance.
The Vivo Y20s is a mid-range offering and isn’t expected to perform like a race car or high-power SUV. It just might be the city car that gets the job done without a fuss.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
We share free and useful content about mobile technology and services in Nigeria.