TECNO Pop 2 Pro Quick Specs: 3G Android smartphone. 5.5 inches FullView display. 16 GB internal memory. 1 GB RAM. 3050 mAh battery. Price range: Below ₦30,000.
The Pop 2 range of smartphones must be doing well in the market. Or TECNO Mobile is just taking feedback and refining model after model to give customers what they want. Either scenario is a good thing. Following after the Pop 2, came the Pop 2 Power. And now we have the Pop 2 Pro. That is a handful of devices in the same range.
What sets the TECNO Pop 2 Pro apart are the bigger internal storage space it has, the big battery, and a cool gradient colour option. Also, both rear and front-facing cameras spot an 8-megapixel lens. Internal storage for your videos, photos, and documents is 16GB (against the 8GB on the other models). There is memory card support, so you can add a 32GB card to extend your storage space.
The heftier 3050mAh battery is a welcome development, though it is a tad smaller than the battery in the Pop 2 Power. But at least, it has a much bigger capacity than that of the regular Pop 2.
In terms of design, there isn’t much to see. The FullView display has an 18:9 aspect ratio, but as is common with low-end hardware, the bezels are significant. It looks good – better than low-end phones used to look.
One of the colour options available for this device is a nice blue-and-purple gradient. That sets it apart from the crowd, so we are guessing that is the colour you want.
The TECNO Pop series is an entry-level class of smartphones, which is why they are equipped with only 1GB RAM. But they also run Android Go Edition, an optimized version of Android OS that makes for better performance in low-end hardware. So you can expect a moderately smooth experience using the TECNO Pop 2 Pro.
As far as mobile network support is concerned, you are limited to 2G and 3G. There is no 4G LTE support. As is customary with TECNO Mobile, this is a dual-SIM phone and both SIM slots support 3G internet.
There is no fingerprint sensor either. For now, you have to look to iTel for that feature in the same price range as the Pop 2 Pro. In all, the the specifications sheet looks like it is a fair all-round phone and the best value for money of the three Pop 2 smartphones. The detailed specifications are available below.
TECNO Pop 2 Pro Specs and Features
- SIM: Dual-SIM
- Mobile Networks: 2G, 3G
- Software / Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo, Go edition
- Dimensions: 149.76 x 72.8 x 9.35 mm
- Colours: Champagne Gold, Midnight Black, Purple-and-Blue gradient
- Display: 5.5-inch, 960 x 480 pixels, IPS Display
- Processor: 1.3GHz qQuad-cor Mediatek MT6580 chipset
- GPU: Mali-400MP2
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal storage: 16GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Main Camera: 8 megapixels, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels, LED flash
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS: GPS + GLONASS
- Other Features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- USB: USB 2.0
- Battery Capacity: 3050mAh built-in battery
- Battery Charging: Regular 5V/1A
- Availability: January 2019
TECNO Pop 2 Pro Price and Availability
The Pop 2 Pro is available for about $75. That is about ₦26,000 in Nigeria, fixing its price a tad above the Pop 2. You will be able to pick one up from brick-and-mortar stores and also from online retailers like Slot, Jumia, Konga and the like. TECNO Pop 2 Pro is also available in countries like Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, and Cote D’Ivoire, among others.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
We share free and useful content about mobile technology and services in Nigeria.