TECNO POP 2 Quick Specs aka TECNO B1: Android smartphone features a 5.5-inch FullView touchscreen display, an 8 MP selfie camera with AI beautification, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, as well as a 2400 mAh battery.
The FullView display gives it a very nice look. Who says budget devices cannot look good? Minimal bezels are always welcome. The Pop 2 runs Android 8.1 Go Edtion. That is a version of Android OS that is optimized to run better on entry-level hardware. So, even though it has only 1 GB RAM, you can expect some improvement in performance when compared to competing devices that run regular Android OS.
And while there is only 8 GB storage built into the TECNO Pop 2, you can add a memory card (up to 32 GB in capacity) to enjoy more storage space.
The front camera has an 8 megapixels single lens, while at the back is a 5 megapixels single rear with LED flash. The front-facing 8-megapixel camera of the TECNO Pop 2 has AI assistance, especially for low-light photography, so your selfies “pop” out, says the manufacturer. The rear camera has a 5-megapixel lens and dual LED flash.
As for network connectivity, all you get is 2G and 3G for voice calls and data. You have to look elsewhere if you are interested in 4G LTE support.
TECNO Pop 2 Specs
Find the full specs, features, availability and pricing for the Pop 2 below.
- SIM: dual SIM
- Mobile Networks: 2G, 3G
- Software / Operating System: Android 8.1 (Oreo, Go edition) + HiOS 3.3
- Dimensions: 149.76 x 72.8 x 9.35 mm
- Sensors: FaceID, G-sensor
- Colours: Champagne Gold, Midnight Black , City Blue
- Display: 5.5-inch, 960 x 480 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS FullView display
- Processor: 1.3 GHz quad-core Mediatek MT6580
- Graphics Processing: Mali-400 MP2
- RAM: 1 GB RAM
- Internal storage: 8 GB
- External Memory: microSD card support up to 32 GB
- Main Camera: 5 MP single camera, f/2.2 aperture, dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP single camera, LED flash
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n,
- Bluetooth: v4.0,
- GPS: Yes; GLONASS
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- FM Radio: Yes
- Battery Capacity: 2400 mAh
- Battery Charging Regular
- Announced: December 2018
- Available: December 2018
There are those who find a 2400mAh battery uncomfortably small to live with. if you are one of them and want a bigger battery for the same phone, TECNO Pop 2 Power is what the doctor recommends.
TECNO Pop 2 Price
The Pop 2 sells about ₦24,000 in Nigeria. That price is under $70. It is also available in countries like Ghana and Kenya, among others.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the TECNO B1 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
- Don’t miss our mobile phone reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Dont sleep on this
You can buy your dream smartphone on an instalment plan. Call or message Courage on 0817 160 1491, and mention Mobility Nigeria.