A number of people have asked me whether there is a ₦200 for 1GB data plan on Smile 4G. I have bad news for you: it does not exist. But there is good news too: there is something close – a Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan. Yes; you can buy 1GB data on Smile 4G for just ₦300.
You see, Smile now offers data plans that match what MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile offer. This 4G-only network provider is now playing the game pound for pound, naira for naira, MB for MB. Whether it is monthly, weekly, or daily plans, Smile has got a data bundle to match whatever you can find on any of the big 4 GSM networks, and it is a beautiful thing to see.
Note that this 1GB for 300 naira Flexi plan by Smile Communications has a 24 hour validity. If you were also unaware, the maximum speed available on Smile’s 4G network is 21 Mbps. It is lower than the maximum speed available on other 4G wireless providers in Nigeria, but it is often more stable and reliable.
How to activate Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan
There are two ways you can activate the Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan – one by using the MySmile mobile app, and the other by using the Smile Web portal.
Activate Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan via MySmile mobile app
- Download MySmile mobile app from the Play Store by clicking HERE. This is a new app that allows Smile subscribers to mamange their line and subscriptions on their smartphones. As at this time, it is an early access app, meaning that it can be unstable in use. If you are not comfortable with that, skip this section and go to the next onme which provides information about how to subscribe via Smile’s web portal.
- Sign in to the app with your Smile 4G login username and password.
- Make sure you have ₦300 on your line.
- In the app’s Homepage, tap the “Plans” tab at the bottom of the page
- You will find yourself on the Plans page. Scroll the orange menu and select “Daily“ to view daily data plans
- Tap the N300 box beside “1GB Flexi” on the page
- Slect ayour preferred payment method
- Complete the payment.
Your Smile line is immediately credited with the 1GB data you just paid for. Enjoy!
Activate Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan via Smile Web Portal
- Browse to Smile.com.ng/scp,
- Login with your Smile 4G login details.
- Click on the green “Recharge“ button next to your line.
- Click on the green “SmileData” button to view all available data plans.
- Scroll down to locate the “Smile FlexiData Plans” set of data plans.
- Click on ther green Recharge button below 1GB Flexi
- Next, select your payment option and complete process to pay.
- On successful payment, your Smile line is immediately credited with your 1GB data.
Once subscribed, you will get a text message from Smile confirming activation of your plan, as well as your data volume. You can use the package on your smartphone, feature phone, USB modem or MiFi. You need a device that is compatible with Smile’s 4G LTE band 20(800). The Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan is available to subscribers everywhere there is Smile 4G coverage.
Don’t forget that the validity for this Smile 300 for 1GB Flexi data plan is 24 hours. It is a daily plan. In my opinion, this is good value for money. If you find the idea of recharging daily stressful, Smile also has a 2.5GB Flexi plan with a 2-day validity (which matches MTN 2.5GB data plan), as well as a 6GB Flexi Weekly plan with a 7-day validity (which matches MTN 6GB Weekly data plan).
Follow me on Twitter where I am @Moverick.