Introduction: Samsung Galaxy A3 Core is an entry-level Android smartphone that was released in 2020. It supports Nigerian 4G LTE networks, making it one of the cheapest 4G phones you can buy in the country. It does not have a fingerprint scanner, though.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core in summary
- OS: Android 10.
- Release Date: August 2020.
- Mobile Networks Supported: 2G/3G/4G (MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile are all supported)
- Display: 5.3-inch, 720×1480 pixels resolution
- Processor: MediaTek MT6739
- Selfie Camera: 5 MP
- Rear camera: 8 MP
- RAM: 1 GB
- ROM: 16 GB
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Specs
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10 (Go Edition)
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 141.7 x 67.3 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 150g
- Display: 5.3 inches, 720 x 1480 pixels, 18.5:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen
- Colours: Red. Blue. Black..
- Physical Build: Plastic
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 1.5 GHz Quad-core, Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: MediaTek MT6739
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8100
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 8 MP camera, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 5 MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: No.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: No.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 3000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5W standard charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: N/A.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Release Details
- Announced: August 2020
- Release Date: August 2020
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core: Price and where to buy in Nigeria
Samsung A3 Core has a recommended retail price of ₦33,000 in Nigeria, and it can be found at major retailers like Slot Solutions, Pointek, Jumia, Konga, Swot, and others in the country.
You can also buy this budget smartphone on a credit/instalment/loan service from any one of several retailers, telecom operators, or service providers in Nigeria. These include EasyBuy, QuickCheck, and Carbon Zero, among others.
If you buy the Samsung Galaxy A3 Core through Jumia, you can get Jumia Protect (device insurance) for it as well for a small fee. If buying elsewhere, ask if insurance is available, as other retailers also offer an insurance cover for a small premium.
Questions and Answers about Samsung Galaxy A3 Core
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Samsung Galaxy A3 Core.
Is Samsung Galaxy A3 Core a 4G phone?
Yes; the Samsung A3 Core is a 4G LTE phone.
Does Samsung Galaxy A3 Core have a fingerprint scanner?
The Samsung A3 Core does not have a fingerprint reader.
Does Samsung Galaxy A3 Core have Gorilla Glass?
No; the Samsung A3 Core does not have Gorilla Glass protection on its screen.
Does Samsung Galaxy A3 Core have quick charging?
No; the Samsung A3 Core does not have quick charging technology.
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Hands-on Video
Samsung Galaxy A3 Core Alternatives
- TECNO POP 4
- itel S15 Pro
- Infinix Smart 4 (1/16GB)
Disclaimer: We take the pains to ensure the accuracy of the above information; however, we can not guarantee that every bit of information on this page is error-free. We recommend that you ask specific questions about this device from the retailer when shopping.
- Like our Facebook page: @mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
Dont sleep on this
You can buy your dream smartphone on an instalment plan. Call or message Courage on 0817 160 1491, and mention Mobility Nigeria.