Last Updated on November 7, 2022 by Editor
The most powerful model in the Redmi Note 11 series, and the model you should be chasing after if you want the best performance and specs on a budget, is now available in Nigeria. While the Redmi Note 11 Pro is not particularly an exciting upgrade proposition, the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G is a totally different beast.
When I spotted the teaser tweet, from Xiaomi Nigeria, about something coming, I took a close look at the camera corner image in the teaser. It looks to me like the Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G. What can you expect from this device? Let’s have a look at the specs and features. PS: The phone has now gone on sale from the first week of June 2022.
Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G Specs
- IMUI 12.5 based on Android 12 Operating system
- 2G, 3G, 4G mobile networks support (MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile are all supported). Plus 5G support.
- Dual nano SIM card
- 6.67 inch 1080 x 2400 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate, Super AMOLED, with Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- Octa-core, Dimensity 920 5G processor
- 6 GB and 8 GB RAM
- 128 GB and 256 GB ROM or storage memory
- Memory card (shared slot)
- Main camera 108 MP triple lenses, with flashlight
- Selfie camera 16 MP
- Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted)
- Face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- IP53, dust and splash resistant
- 4500mAh non-removable battery
- 120W fast charging (charges to 100% in 15 minutes)
The above are pretty impressive specs. I only wish there was a 12 GB RAM option. That would have been sweet icing on the cake. But I expect that up to 3 GB or 5GB of virtual RAM will be available. That should do.
Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G price
The Redmi Note 11 Pro Plus (8/128 GB) is selling for ₦217,000, while the 8/256 GB variant sells for ₦228,000.
The Redmi Note 11 Pro+ 5G has been available in other markets since October 2021, and I think it is a competitive addition to the Nigerian market. In addition to that, it is the best Redmi phone in the market right now.