The new Xiaomi Redmi 13C has mostly the same hardware as its predecessor, the Redmi 12C. The improvements are a slightly bigger display, an upgraded triple camera at the back, and higher memory specifications.
On the inside is the same Helio G85 processor from the Redmi 12C. The battery is a 5000mAh capacity unit as well. Instead of five memory variants, there are only three this time – 4/128GB, 6/128GB, and 8/256GB.
Embedded in a waterdrop notch at the top of the display is an 8-megapixel camera, while the fingerprint reader is located in the power button on the side.
Welcome to our complete guide to the Redmi 13C. On this page, we cover everything you need to know about this mobile device, including its specifications, price, release date, and more.
Table of Contents
Redmi 13C Specs
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE.
- 5G mobile network bands: No
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 13 + MIUI 14
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 168.0 x 78.0 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 192g
- Display: 6.74 inches, 720 x 1600 pixels, 90 Hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen
- Colours: Navy Blue. Clover Green. Glacier White. Midnight Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic frame. Plastic back panel.
Internal Hardware Specifications
- CPU/Processor: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Octa-core
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm)
- GPU/Graphics Processing Unit: ARM Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB / 8GB
- Extended/Virtual RAM:
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB / 256 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Main Camera: 50 MP main sensor + 2 MP macro lens + QVGA depth sensor, autofocus, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 8 MP, fixed focus, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes; virtual.
- Ambient Light Sensor: No.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): No.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Blaster: No.
- Bluetooth Version: 5.3
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- USB: microUSB v2.0.
- NFC: No.
Miscellaneous Specifications and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: 23100RN82L.
Launch & Release Dates
Release Date: November 9, 2023
Price of Redmi 13C in Nigeria
- 4+128GB: ₦98,100
- 6+128GB: ₦108,100
- 8+256GB: ₦121,000
Where can you find it to buy? The Redmi 13C is available on Jumia, Pointek, and other phone retailers around Nigeria.
The above prices may change with time, as market forces and economic policies influence product price movements.
Why you should buy Redmi 13C
Why you should buy Redmi 13C? Tough. It is essentially the same phone as its predecessor, so it is difficult to recommend it as an upgrade if you already own the latter. The faster charging speed is a definite upgrade. Perhaps, if you also opt for a higher memory variant of the 13C to the variant of the 12C that you are currently using, that would qualify as an upgrade.
Design-wise, it looks very different. The display is a notch bigger and the fingerprint scanner has moved from the back to the side.
It almost looks to us like Xiaomi repositioned the Redmi 13C, especially the 8+256GB to take on the itel S23+. But Xiaomi wouldn’t do a thing like that; would they? Anyway, check out our unboxing video:
Xiaomi Redmi 13C Unboxing Video
News & Updates
A 5G version, aptly named Redmi 13C 5G, was announced on December 6, 2023.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please leave a comment below.
- Check out the best mobile data plans from MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
Dont sleep on this
You can buy your dream smartphone on an instalment plan. Call or message Courage on 0817 160 1491, and mention Mobility Nigeria.