Enugu is the capital city of Enugu State in the South East of Nigeria. It is an Igbo city and is popularly known as the Coal City because if its famous coal mines. In 1967, Enugu was briefly the capital city of the now defunct Republic of Biafra.
Enugu is about 560 kilometres from Lagos by road, and should take about 8 hours, all other things being equal. Bad roads, traffic, and other incidents can increase that travel time significantly. By air, Lagos to Enugu is 469 kilometres, and travel time is about 1 hours 10 minutes, barring unforeseen incidents.
Lagos to Enugu by road
- Chisco Motors, 28 Ijegun Road, Ikotun, Lagos. Destination Park: 13 Market Road, Ogbete, Enugu State.
- Okeyson Motors, 160 Okota Road, Off Cele Bus Stop, Okota, Lagos. Destination Park: 2, Market Road, Ogbete, opp. State Library Board, Enugu. Price: ₦11,400
- Libra Transport, KM 10 Badagry Expressway, Mile 2, Lagos. Price: ₦7,000.
- ABC Transport, Jibowu, Yaba.
- Ekesons Motors, Ajah.
- Ifesinachi Transport, Jibowu.
- GUO Motors, Ajah/Ejigbo/Iyana-Ipaja.
Lagos to Enugu by air (flight)
- AirPeace: 1 hour 10 minutes. Ticket: ₦80,000. From Murtala Muhammad Airport at Ikeja.
We share free and useful content about mobile technology and services in Nigeria.