The Xiaomi MI 10 Pro is an Android-based smartphone that was announced on the 13th February, 2020. It was later released on the 18th February, 2020.
This is a phone I have always wanted to review because sometimes you fall in love with a phone online almost as you do in real life (emphasis on almost).
This device is a powerful and versatile one that represents what a phone should be like when you implement all the aspects that other phones solely focus on, in one.
Let me help you understand why as we go through the specifications of this phone.
- 162.8mm x 74.8mm x 9mm
If I am being honest 9mm is too thick for a phone in 2020. If you know me, I love my thin, slick phones but it has a really large and efficient battery. So I do not mind trading for that.
The Xiaomi MI 10 Pro is a large phone so it is expected to be a bit heavy. It is not uncomfortable in anyway though. It holds quite firmly in the hand.
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
This is the latest and a much better version to the MIUI 11. A lot of new features were added, the most notable being the privacy enhancements. It has new animations, new love wallpapers, changes to the navigation system, a cleaner UI, enhanced multi-window function, e.t.c.
System on chip
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865
You know what comes to mind Everytime I see this? Call of duty, PUBG, NBA 2k here I come. It gives you smooth and satisfactory performance to keep you as happy and as efficient in whatever you are doing on the Huawei P40 Pro.
- Octa-core Kyro 585 (1x 2.84 GHz + 3x 2.42 GHz + 4x 1.8 GHz)
- Adreno 650
With processors like this, your just can not lag. For gamers like me, the joy that you will get from playing top games on this phone is unexplainable. It’s not just games alone, your graphics in general will be spectacular. So if you are the Netflix type, this is your phone.
- 8 GB or 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 256 GB or 512 GB
- 4500 mAh (Mi 10 Pro)
It has a long lasting battery power. You can go about your daily activities on your phone without charging for up to a day, maybe even more, depending on what you are doing. This is the kind of battery power to expect, from a phone that costs the amount that it does.
I know what I will be doing all day with battery like that. Call of Duty:Mobile of course.
- 6.67 inches, 1080 x 2340 pixels, (386 ppi), Super AMOLED touchscreen, 16M colors
90Hz refresh rate
With display like this and a really impressive refresh rate, watching movies, series, as well as playing games would be epic. Just imagine how Call of Duty would look on this. It is just such an impressive phone to have. The general display of your media, games, e.t.c will leave you wondering why you had not gotten the phone earlier.
- 108 MP, f/1.7, 1/1.33″, 0.8µm (wide) + 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide) + 12 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, 2x optical zoom (portrait) + 8 MP, f/2.0, 1.0µm, 10x hybrid optical zoom (telephoto), Laser AF, dual pixel PDAF, triple-LED dual-tone flash, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps
- PDAF, OIS, HDR, panorama, gyro-EIS, 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps
- 20 MP (f/2.0, 0.9µm, 1/3″), 1080p@30fps (Mi 10), 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps (Mi 10 Pro)
The Xiaomi MI 10 Pro’s camera is currently known as Xiaomi’s best smartphone camera. Don’t sleep on it. As far as I’m concerned it is literally my favourite camera phone. The details this phone provides on its pictures is just insane. Almost perfect lighting, good picture depth, e.t.c.
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5GHz), dual-band, WiFi Direct, DLNA, hotspot Bluetooth V5.1, A2DP, Low-energy, aptX HD.
The Xiaomi MI 10 Pro is just such a reliable and heart warming phone. You can pick one up for as low as N190,000 to N256,000, depending on the features of the phone in terms of memory, storage and others, at almost any legit gadget store or online platform. In my opinion, Xiaomi did us a favour with the price and not the other way round.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
OPPO smartphone fan. Basketballer. Games lover.