The Huawei P40 Pro+ is a powerful, high end Android based phone from the P series in the Huawei brand. It is an enhanced version of the P40 and P40 Pro. It was unveiled on the 6th June, 2020. It also succeeds the P30 in the P series line. Some say that this phone is Huawei’s best yet, and I agree.
The Huawei P40 Pro+ has won the best photo smartphone award from TIPA. That alone should tell you what to expect from a top dog phone as this one, with so many of the best features you can offer on an Android phone or any phone at all.
Let’s take a look at those mouth-watering specs.
- 158.2 mm × 72.6 mm × 9 mm
As I will say over and over again, phones that’s are anything more than 5/6 mm are just too thick for this time and age. Everyone wants a slick, light, comfortable phone that is not bogus and heavy to carry. Apart from the thickness, I love the fact that it is quite large. Large phones mean better gaming experience in so many ways. You can see clearer, play batter, work better. E.t.c.
- EMUI 10.1, based on Android 10 (SDK ROM)
- Octa-core (2x 2.86 GHz Cortex A76, 2x 2.36 GHz Cortex A76, 4x 1.95 GHz Cortex A55)
The Huawei P40 Pro+ has very effective and top notch processors. You can do whatever you want on your phone without it ever freezing or lagging. The phone runs so smoothly, it is a real joy.
System on chip
- HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G
This is an ARM based high-end Octa-core SoC that integrates right CPU cores in three clusters. It was introduced by Huawei in late 2019. It is a very efficient one too. As you can see, it is for high-end devices, that should tell you something about how good it is.
- 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 256 or 512 GB
- Nano Memory, expandable up to 256 GB
- 4,200 mAh
Now, this is why I will excuse the thickness of the phone in depth. With battery as efficient and as durable as this, any amount of thickness can be allowed. One could go hours on a game without having to worry about battery (I would play Call of Duty all day).
- Proximity sensor
- 6.58 in (167 mm) 1200×2640 OLED, (441 ppi), 19.8:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate
Not only does the Huawei P40 Pro+ have a beautiful, wide display with a really fast refresh rate but another brilliant feature has been implemented by Huawei. They call it the Quad-curve Overflow Display. This has to do with how the four edges of the device curve upwards. A beautiful addition if you ask me.
Just imagine how your movie graphics, COD:M, PUBG graphics and the likes, would be. I am the type of guy who is big on graphics, graphics are almost everything to me when I play a game or watch a movie, e.t.c. Well, graphics and a lag free game with good ping.
- Penta: 50 MP Wide (f/1.9, 23mm, 1/1.28″, 2.44µm, OIS) + 40 MP Ultrawide (f/1.8, 1/1.54″, 18mm) + 8 MP Telephoto (f/4.4, 240mm, OIS) + 8 MP Telephoto (f/2.4, 80mm, OIS) + time-of-flight sensor, Leica optics, 3x & 10x optical zoom, phase detection and laser AF, gyro-EIS, HDR, dual-LED dual-tone flash, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@7680fps
- 32 MP, autofocus (not on P40), f/2.0 (P40) or f/2.2 (P40 Pro & P40 Pro+),1080p video
As you already know this phone was made for photography, so do not be surprised by these insane stats. Thanks to my dad, I am beginning to see the joy of photography, and this is a photographer’s phone. You want to take cool pictures? Get yourself the Huawei P40 Pro+.
- Wi-Fi, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax with Wi-Fi Direct support, BT5.1 BLE,USB Type C 3.1
The Huawei P40 Pro+ costs just 273,000 Naira and is a available at quite a number of reputable stores and online platforms. Not cheap in anyway but by far more than worth it.
I am sure that you definitely have been convinced that this is not a phone to joke around with. It is the real deal. This is a job we’ll executed from Huawei.