TECNO Mobile is reaching for a share of the premium smartphone market and repositioned its Phantom brand as a sub-brand specifically for that. The first “premium” flagship to be announced is Phantom X.
Key specs and features of TECNO Phantom X include a 6.7-inch AMOLED, 90Hz, display protected with Gorilla Glass 5. The phone also sports a generous 8GB of RAM, 256GB internal storage, a dual 48MP selfie camera, and a 50-megapixel main camera at the back. Despite the huge internal storage, there is a memory card slot, if you should need more space.
The Phantom X is the successor to the TECNO Phantom 9, which was launched in 2019. Like its predecessor, it is a 4G smartphone. Wi-Fi is also available.
Keeping the power on is a 4700mAh, battery along with 33W fast charging.
|TECNO Phantom X specs in brief|
TECNO Phantom X Specs
Which networks does TECNO Phantom X work on?
- MTN: 2G, 3G, 4G.
- Globacom: 2G, 3G, 4G.
- Airtel: 2G, 3G, 4G.
- 9mobile: 2G, 3G, 4G.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM
- Mobile Platform: HiOS 7.6, based on Android 11
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 73.8 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 201g
- Display: 6.7 inches, 2340 x 1080 pixels, 91.5:9 aspect ratio, 90Hz refresh rate, AMOLED, Gorilla Glass 5.
- Colours: Starry Night Blue. Monet’s Summer.
- Physical Build: Glass + Plastic.
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A76
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12nm)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G76 MC4
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB
- Card Slot: microSD (dedicated slot)
What Kind Of Cameras Does Phantom X Have?
- Main Camera: 50MP main camera + 13MP telephoto lens + 8MP ultrawide camera, quad LED flash, 4k, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 48MP + 8MP, dual LED flash, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; in-display.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Ella, Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes; with AGPS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. USB-OTG
- NFC: No.
- Battery: Removable Lithium-Polymer 4700mAh
- Charging: 33W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: TECNO AC8.
When was TECNO Phantom X launched in Nigeria and what does it cost?
- Announced: July 2, 2021
- Released: July 2021
- Price: ₦228,000
Is TECNO Phantom X a 4G phone?
Yes; it is a 4G smartphone. It works on all 2G, 3G, and 4G mobile networks in Nigeria. This includes MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile.
Where is the fingerprint scanner on TECNO Phantom X located?
It has an in-display fingerprint scanner.
Does TECNO Phantom X have Gorilla Glass?
Yes; it does. It uses Gorilla Glass 5.
What kind of quick charging does TECNO Phantom X have?
It has 33W quick charging technology. TECNO says this can charge the phone from 0 to 70% in 30 minutes.
Where can I buy TECNO Phantom X in Nigeria?
Phantom X is available at all TECNO stores, as well as at independent mobile phone retailers, like Slot, Parktel, Swot, etc, across the country. If you want to buy online, try e-commerce stores like Jumia, Konga, Kara, etc.
TECNO Phantom X price in Nigeria
The Phantom X is available for purchase in mobile phone stores nationwide at a price of ₦228,000 only.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
Creating free and useful content about mobile services in Nigeria.