Samsung Galaxy A31’s primary attraction are the under-display fingerprint scanner and the 48-megapixel quad camera at the back, but there is more to make it an attractive proposition. This phone is now available in Nigeria and we have all the details for you below.
This smartphone has three variants. The first one has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM (storage memory), the second has 4GB RAM and 128GB ROM, while the third one has 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. The rest of the features and specifications are the same, and we share the key ones below.
Samsung Galaxy A31 Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch waterdrop notch display. The size is fairly standard for a smartphone display in 2020. It isn’t small and neither is it too big. So if you love large screens, you will likely love Samsung Galaxy A31. In addition, you can expect detailed images and text when viewing the screen, thanks to the 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. Plus, it is AMOLED too, meaning blacks are deeper and colour contrasts sharper.
- Battery: The 5000mAh battery is massive by 2020 standards, so you can expect battery life that covers a full day and leaves you with some power for the next day.
- Charging: 15W fast charge means that if you plug in the phone to charge with an empty battery, you will have 50% power in a little over 30 minutes. That is much faster than what regular charging does.
- USB type: This phone uses USB Type-C. That is the one with a reversible connector, not the old school USB port.
- Processor: This is the equivalent of the engine of the phone. It determines how powerful a smartphone is. Samsung Galaxy A31 uses an octa-core chipset clocked at 2.0GHz. In plain English, that means that you have a fairly powerful smartphone here. It will handle some mid-tier action gaming as well.
- RAM: 4GB RAM is good for fairly smooth app launching and switching. If you go for the 6GB RAM variant, you will get an even smoother experience when you launch or switch between apps.
- Storage Memory (ROM): It means what it says: memory that you use for storing your files e.g.photos, vidoes, documents, etc. The lowest variant has 64GB, while the two higher variants have 128GB.
- Selfie Camera: 20-megapixel snapper hidden in a waterdrop notch in the display.
- Rear Camera: There are four camera sensors at the back, and the main one has 48-megapixel resolution. Expect good pictures. The other 3 sensors include: 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor, 5MP macro sensor, and a 5MP depth camera. There is an LED flash to assist with low-light photography.
- Fingerprint Scanner: The fingerprint sensor is built into the Super AMOLED display of the phone.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
Up next, we have answers to some of your most frequently asked questions about Samsung Galaxy A31.
What colours is Samsung Galaxy A31 available in?
The Galaxy A31 is available in 4 colours, namely: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush Blue, Prism Crush Red, and Prism Crush White.
Does Samsung Galaxy A31 have Gorilla Glass protection?
The Samsung Galaxy A31 is not listed as having Corning® Gorilla® Glass protection on its large 6.4″ display.
Is Samsung Galaxy A31 waterproof?
There is no mention of an official IP water or dustproof rating for the Galaxy A31.
Does Samsung Galaxy A31 have NFC?
Samsung says NFC is available for the Galaxy A31, but it is region-dependent.
How much is Samsung Galaxy A31 in Nigeria? What is the price?
The 4GB RAM version of the Samsung Galaxy A31 has a recommended retail price (RRP) of ₦102,000, while the 6GB RAM variant sells for a little higher.
Is Samsung Galaxy A31 worth buying?
For the price, the Galaxy A31 looks like good value for money.
Where can you find the Samsung Galaxy A31 to buy in Nigeria? Check at mobile phone retail stores, including official Samsung stores, around the country, as well as at ecommerce sites like Jumia, Konga, and others. The 4GB RAM/64GB ROM variant is the most widely available.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.