Recently, Etisalat Nigeria hosted a Hangout on YouTube Live to launch their new self-service platform called MyEtisalat. The platform is designed to enable a quick, seamless user experience for Etisalat subscribers. The hangout session was loads of fun and there were several media celebrities in attendance, including radio personalities and bloggers. Our own Mister Mobility was there too to experience the new self-service platform for himself.
The event began with remarks by the Chief Product and Information Officer, Etisalat Nigeria, Otuyemi Otule, who emphasized the pride of place Etisalat takes in creating customer satisfaction.
After that, there was the introduction of My Etisalat platform which is designed to help Etisalat subscribers access all the services and functions provided by Etisalat and also help them resolve most of the issues they may have without the need to call the customer care or the need to text or dial codes.
While speaking at the event, Otuyemi noted that “MyEtisalat can be accessed via an app and on the web. The app is available on all major application platforms such as iOS, Android, Blackberry, and Windows and is zero-rated, which means customers do not need data to use the application”.
The Self-service platform offers the following features:
- Customers can view the package they are subscribed to and also add plans, remove plant or move across plans with the self-service platform.
- At the click of a button, customers can buy airtime and data with a variety of payment options, including their naira debit cards. This is particularly important, as it saves customers the stress of having to hunt for recharge cards, especially in an emergency.
- The app provides security options for customers’ number, so if they lose their device, customers can easily MyEtisalat self-service to block their numbers remotely.
- Etisalat customers can manage several numbers with the same app. This makes airtime transfer and data transfer much easier.
- MyEtisalat makes it easier to monitor airtime and data usage.
The MyEtisalat can also be accessed via the web version
One of the coolest features I experienced with the app is that the platform can be accessed not only via an app, but via the web on My.etisalat.com.ng.
This way, customers can manage their accounts easily from any location. MyEtisalat is indeed a first-of-a-kind self-service platform. It shows that Etisalat pays attention to the feedback of its customers.
Screenshots of the Service
Here are screenshots of the MyEtisalat service.
- Check out mobile data plans from MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.