9Mobile is one of the top telecommunications operators in Nigeria, and it is still growing in subscribers now. 9Mobile was formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria till it was sold by its parent company to Teleology Holdings. If you are looking for how to share data on 9Mobile, keep on reading this piece.
Data is to the Internet what fuel is to a car, it runs the Internet and many things today are built on the Internet. A lot of apps and games now require data to run so being without data makes your phone quite boring. It is now possible to share data on 9Mobile with your friends and family if they run out. Learn how to share data on 9Mobile by following the steps below.
Table of Contents
Ways to Share Data on 9Mobile
When you want to share data on 9Mobile, there are two ways you can go about it. First, using the USSD code and second, using the 9Mobile official app. I’d say the latter is more convenient if you are using a smartphone, which most people are.
- Using the USSD code: This is the conventional method and it can used on all devices though not as convenient as many would like.
- Using the 9Mobile official app: This is the most convenient way to share data on 9Mobile, thanks to technological advancement.
Share Data on 9Mobile
If you want to share data on 9Mobile, follow any of the two methods below that is more convenient for you. They work perfectly so there’s no downside to any of the two.
Share Data on 9Mobile using USSD Code
Follow the steps below to share data on 9Mobile with friends and family using the USSD code.
To share data on 9Mobile, dial *229*PIN*DATA AMOUNT*RECIPIENT’S NUMBER#, then send. For example, dial *229*0000*200*0712345678# if 0000 is your pin, 200MB is what you want to share, and 07012345678 is the person’s 9Mobile phone number.
Once this is successful, you will receive a confirmation message.
Also, the pin is the transfer pin used to share data as well as data on 9Mobile. The default pin is 0000 but you have to change it before being able to share data on 9Mobile for the first time.
To change the pin, dial *247*DEFAULT PIN*NEW PIN# so dial *247*0000*4567# if you want to change your pin to 4567. Make sure to always remember your PIN as you will have to contact customer care service if you forget it.
Share Data on 9Mobile using the official app
Follow the steps below to share data on 9Mobile using the official mobile application. If you have a smartphone, this is what I’d advise as the app is also useful for other things relating to 9Mobile subscription.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Search for ig9ite, then tap on it, and download and install the app on your smartphone. Tap here to get the link for iPhone.
- After installing, open the application and log in/sign up with your 9Mobile phone number.
- Now, on the home page, tap the “Data” button.
- In the new screen that shows up, tap the Transfer Data option amongst the others that showed up.
- In the screen that shows up, enter the amount of data that you want to share and the phone number of the 9Mobile user whom you want to share data with.
- Tap “Transfer”
Once it is successful, you will receive a confirmation message.
I hope you have been able to share data with your friends and family who are fellow 9Mobile subscribers.
Everything you need to know about sharing Data on 9Mobile
Before going, here are some things that you need to know before you share Data on 9Mobile so it can be successful as there are rules guiding it.
- You can only share data with fellow 9Mobile users. It is available to new and existing 9Mobile users with a prepaid or hybrid package.
- You need to have a minimum balance of 50MB left on your data plan after sharing data with the user. For example, if you have 100MB, you can only share 50MB with the user, due to this limit.
- There is a minimum limit to how much data you can share. You can only share a minimum of 10MB with other users.
- There is a maximum limit to how much you can share at one attempt. You can only share a maximum of 200MB naira at one attempt.
- There is a maximum limit to the amount of airtime you can share in a day. You are only allowed to share up to 1GB of data in a day. The total amount of shared airtime can’t exceed 1GB which is quite limiting.
Now, we’ve come to the end of this article showing you how to share data on 9Mobile in 2023. Check out our article on how to share airtime on 9Mobile.