9Mobile was formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria until it was sold by its parent company to Teleology Holdings due to issues with a huge loan. 9Mobile has still been operating well in the Nigerian telecommunications space after the takeover. If you are looking for how to share airtime on 9Mobile, keep on reading this article as I’m going to show you how to do that.
It is quite easy for you to share airtime and data on 9Mobile. You can share airtime with friends and family who are fellow 9Mobile users with ease. Without wasting much of our time, let’s get right into it.
Table of Contents
Ways to Share Airtime on 9Mobile
There are two ways to share airtime on 9Mobile. These two methods are as easy as each other and what you use just depends on how savvy you are. These two ways are:
Using the USSD code: This is the more established method and it is the most accessible irrespective of the phone the user has.
Using the ig9ite app: In today’s world, mobile apps are taking over and ig9ite is 9Mobile official mobile app. With it, you can manage everything about your SIM. It can also be used to share airtime and data on 9Mobile.
Share Airtime on 9Mobile
To share airtime on 9Mobile, follow one of the two steps below as they are equally as good as each other (go for the most convenient for you).
Share Airtime on 9Mobile using USSD Code
Follow the steps to successfully share airtime on 9Mobile if you are using the USSD code.
To share airtime on 9Mobile, all you have to do is dial *223*PIN*AMOUNT*recipient’s number#
PIN – This is the transfer pin for sharing airtime. It is required for security purposes.
AMOUNT – This is how much airtime you want to share with the other user.
Recipient number – This is the phone number of the person that you want to share airtime with.
NOTE: The default pin is 0000. You have to change it for security purposes. To change the pin, dial *247*DEFAULT PIN*NEW PIN# so dial *247*0000*6789# if you want to change your pin to 6789. That’s it!
Share Airtime on 9Mobile using the 9Mobile App
Follow the steps below to share airtime on 9Mobile using the official mobile application.
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store (Google Play Store in my case)
- Search for ig9ite, then tap on it, and download and install the app on your smartphone. Tap here to get the link for iPhone.
- After installing, open the application and log in/sign up with your 9Mobile phone number.
- Now, on the home page, tap the “Airtime” button.
- In the new screen that shows up, tap the Transfer Airtime option amongst the others that showed up.
- In the screen that shows up, enter the amount of airtime that you want to share and the phone number of the 9Mobile user whom you want to share airtime with.
- Tap “Transfer”
- Once it is successful, you will receive a confirmation message.
I hope the two methods above have been able to guide you to successfully share airtime on 9Mobile.
Everything you need to know about sharing Airtime on 9Mobile
Before going, here are some things that you need to know before you share Airtime on 9Mobile so it can be successful as there are rules guiding it.
- You can only share airtime with fellow 9Mobile users. It is available to new and existing 9Mobile users with a prepaid or hybrid package.
- A minimum balance is needed after you share airtime. You need to have a minimum balance of 10 naira after sharing airtime. For example, if you have a balance of 100 naira, it is not possible for you to share 100 naira, as a minimum of 10 naira is needed, and you would be able to share only 90 naira.
- There is a minimum limit to the amount you can share. You can only share a minimum of 10 naira airtime. This is quite fair as I can’t think of reasons to want to share an amount lower than that.
- There is a maximum limit to how much you can share at one attempt. You can only share a maximum of 20,000 naira at one attempt.
- There is a maximum limit to the amount of airtime you can share in a day. You are only allowed to share up to 100,000 naira worth of airtime in a day. The total amount of shared airtime can’t exceed 100,000 naira.
Now, we have come to the end of this article showing you how to share airtime on 9Mobile in 2023. Check out 9mobile Tiktok data plans.