|Quick Specs Of UMIDIGI BISON|
UMIDIGI BISON is a rugged smartphone designed for use in tough environments. The BISON is water, dust and shock proof, and has two dedicated buttons – one for taking photos underwater and the second for push-to-talk (PTT) functionality. The phone also has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
UMIDIGI BISON Specifications
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700) / 5(850) / 6() / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12() / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(850) / 19(850) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28A(700) / 28B(700) / 66(1700)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 10
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 79.9 x 12.8 mm
- Weight: 250g
- Display: 6.3 inches, 2340 x 1080 pixels, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD screen with waterdrop notch.
- Colours: Black.
- Physical Build: Plastic. Rugged. IP68/IP69K water, dust and shockproof rating (up to 1.5m of water for up to 30 minutes).
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A73
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio P60 + Liquid Cooling System 2.0
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali G72
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 48 MP Sony IMX + 16MP ultra wide angle camera + 5MP depth camera + 5MP macro camera, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 24 MP, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0. USB-OTG
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 5000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 18W fast charging
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: N/A.
UMIDIGI BISON Price and Launch Date
- Announced: August 17, 2020
- Release Date: August 2020
- Country Availability: United States. Nigeria. Canada. United Kingdom. Australia. Ghana. Kenya. South Africa. Senegal. Tanzania.Cote D’Ivoire.
- Price: Yet to be announced.
Questions and Answers about UMIDIGI BISON
Here are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about UMIDIGI BISON.
Is UMIDIGI BISON a 4G phone?
Yes; the BISON is a 4G LTE phone.
Does UMIDIGI BISON have a fingerprint scanner?
Yes; UMIDIGI BISON has a fingerprint reader located in the Power button.
Does UMIDIGI BISON have Gorilla Glass?
Yes; the BISON rugged smartphone has Gorilla Glass protection on its screen.
Does UMIDIGI BISON have quick charging?
Yes; the BISON has quick charging technology.
Will UMIDIGI BISON work in USA?
UMIDIGI BISON has limited network support across various US carriers like AT&T, Verizon, Metro PCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, Boost Mobile, H2O Wireless, Ting, US Cellular, Lyca Mobile, PureTalk, Consumer Cellular, Ultra Mobile, Straight Talk, Red Pocket Mobile, Jolt, Airvoice Wireless, and Google Fi. What this means that some bands are supported, while others are not. You will have to make enquiries from your carrier to know what bands/frequencies are supported on them.
What is the price of UMIDIGI BISON? How much does it sell for?
The price of UMIDIGI BISON is not known yet.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is a recommendation that we make based on our evaluation of the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Phone Review Rating
We are yet to review the UMIDIGI BISON and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the UMIDIGI BISON are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We share free and useful content about mobile technology and services in Nigeria.
1 thought on “UMIDIGI BISON”
Umidigi Bison real world user.
1. When using camera flash, flash fires after photo taken, resulting in black photos.
[other people also report this issue: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D1009153&prev=search&pto=aue]
2. When connecting to wifi, mac address is not retained when reconnecting to the same wifi, even after changing the setting to retain.
[other people also report this:
3. The phone is advertised as having two customisable buttons, but only one is.
Haven’t tested the claim of being water resistant yet by as the charging and headphone ports are open, it’s likely the metal within will rust when used in salt water.