The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is an Android-based phone derived from the S20 series. Samsung refers to it as the less expensive variant of the S20 series. Even though it costs cheaper than the big boy S20, Samsung did an excellent job on the device.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE still has some of the features of your high-end phone’s. For a phone that costs significantly less than it’s top class variant, it is a pretty impressive phone. And Samsung did not just focus on one thing for the phone, they manufactured it to appeal to the needs of every consumer. So if you are the type that likes to work on your phone, watch shows/movies, play games, take good quality pictures, e.t.c it’s all in there for you.
It was announced during Samsung’s unpacked event on the 23 September, 2020 and released on the 2 October, 2020.
- Compatible Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, 5G
- Dimensions: 159.8 mm × 74.5 mm × 8.4 mm
- Mass: 199g
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is much smaller than the rest of the S20 series phone’s, standing at just 6’2 inches in height, but it’s all good with a smooth and comfortable feel in your hands.
- Operating system: Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- System on chip: 4G- Exynos 990; 5G- Snapdragon 865
- 4G: (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5, 2×2.60 GHz Cortex-A76 and 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- 5G: (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 Prime, 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 Gold and 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585 Silver)
- CPU: Octa-core
- GPU: 4G: Mali-G77 MP11; 5G: Adreno 650
As you can see, the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE retains lots of the features you would find in some of the best phones in the world now, and all that for less than half the price. I am shocked that it actually has the Snapdragon 865 and Adreno 650. Oh well, it’s just Samsung doing their thing again, giving us satisfaction at every level. Gaming, graphics, lag free, e.t.c, you name it, it’s all available on this phone.
Although playing games on this might be uncomfortable because of the miniature size of the phone. I mean, using a 6’2 phone to play games like CODM or PUBG, is not advised but it’s doable.
- Memory: 6 or 8 GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128 or 256 GB UFS 3.1
Samsung also went out of their way to put in 8/256 GB of storage into the device. If you’re not impressed by that, then I don’t know what will.
- Removable storage: microSD, up to 1 TB
- Battery: 4,500 mAh, with wireless fast charging 10W
How Samsung has managed to make wireless fast charging available for such a less expensive variant is really impressive, very impressive. The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has a strong battery that can last up to a day depending on your activity on the phone.
- Display: 6.2” Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2XInfinity-O Display (3200×1440)563 ppiHDR10+ certified120Hz refresh rate support
- Gorilla Glass, 16 M colors
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has a pretty standard and beautiful display, but the part that gets me is the fact that it has 120Hz refresh rate. Samsung really put work Into this phone.
- Rear Camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.76″, 1.8µm (wide), + 8 MP, f/2.0, 73mm, 1/4.5″, 1.0µm (telephoto) + 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 1/3″, 1.4µm (ultrawide)Dual Pixel PDAF, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom, LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama, gyro-EIS4K, 1080p
- Front Camera: 32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/2.74″, 0.8µm, HDR
Without me saying anything you know what to expect from the cameras of a Samsung phone. It doesn’t matter whether it is high-end or not, nowadays we have come to expect amazing camera quality from Samsung phones and the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is not an exception. As a matter of fact it still competes well with some top phone’s.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/6
Without a doubt, the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is a solid smartphone that is worth way more than it costs. You can get one for N195,000 and it is available on online stores like Jumia and Konga.
Picking one of these up is worth it because I feel we are getting a bargain price for the features.
Sharing Is Caring