The Oppo A73 is one of the latest releases of the Oppo A series which is Android-based. It is quite another average mid-range phone release with a few nice features here and there, including some that are the best the A93. You will get to see the specs in a minute.
The said phone was revealed on the 5 October, 2020 and was released on the same day.
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 72.9 x 7.5 mm
- Mass: 163 g
The A73 is 6’4 inches in height and is pretty sleek (my kind of phone). It’s almost the same size as the A93, that’s a plus.
- Operating System: Android 10, ColorOS 7.2
- System on chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 661
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
The Oppo A73 only has the Android 10 which is expected considering the price, with the latest Color OS 7.2 . That Snapdragon has to be a joke from Oppo, 661? What? They could have done much better with that. The CPU and GPU processors are just fine, on the other hand.
According to Oppo, you can get up to 180 Hz refresh rate when gaming. Now, THAT is insane. That is my favourite feature of the phone. How they put that in I really don’t know. But they could have given us something better than the Adreno 610.
- Memory: 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128 GB
- Battery: 4015 mAh
- 30W fast charging, 50% in 30 minutes, 100% in 53 mins
The A73 has a very efficient and long lasting battery power. It has the fast charge incorporated into it at 30 W. Oppo advertised that it takes just 30 minutes to get to 50% and 100% in 53 minutes, that will be confirmed soon.
- Display: 1080 x 2400 pixels, Corning gorilla Glass 3.
- AMOLED, 500 nits
Refresh Rate: up to 60Hz
Touch Sampling Rate: default 135Hz/gaming 180Hz
Colour Depth: 16 million colours (8-bit)
The display of the device is good, with maddening refresh rate levels and beautiful colors. Some top notch phones don’t even have 180 Hz for anything talkless of gaming.
- Rear Camera: 16 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.06″, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- LED Flash, HDR, panorama
- 1080@30fps, Gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- 1080@30 fps, HDR
The cameras are alright, nothing special really. It is not a camera phone as you probably know, so it will not do the wonders that some camera phone’s do. Keep that in mind.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
The Oppo A73 is quite efficient and is an amazing gaming phone. It costs N105,000 in stores across Nigeria