Soda S2 Quick Specs: Android 8 Oreo smartphone features a 6.2 display, Helio P22 chipset, 8 MP selfie camera, 13 MP + 2 MP dual rear camera, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery. We have the full specs below.
Soda S2 Phone Specs and Features
Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G mobile network: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network: LTE bands 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android 8.1 Oreo + Passion UI 1.1
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: 157.2 X 76.25 X 8.05 mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 1520 x 720 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, IPS LCD curved glass screen
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), Face Unlock, Gravity sensor, Hall sensor, Ambient Light sensor
- Colours: Black. Gold.
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- Processor Name: Mediatek MT6762 (Helio P22)
- Graphics Processor: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
Photography and Video Recording
- Rear Camera: 13 MP + 2 MP megapixels dual lens camera, f2.2 Aperture, LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 8 megapixels, f2.0 Aperture, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio and Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack. DTS sound effect
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0; USB-OTG
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: 5V/1A Regular Charging. Reverse charging.
- Announced: November 2018
- Market Availability: November 2018
Soda S2 Price and Availability
- Country Availability: Nigeria. Egypt.
- Price: NGN40,000 in Nigeria.
In Nigeria and Egypt, the Soda S2 phone can be purchased from online retailers like Jumia and others, as well as in some brick-and-mortar stores. We are unable to confirm at this time if the Soda 2 is available in other countries apart from Nigeria and Egypt.
Soda S2 Review and Rating
We have a Soda S2 phone in the house here at MobilityArena. Physically, it is a well-built device with a very slim profile. It also feels very lightweight in the hand.
The S2’s dual camera takes good pictures and particularly handles low light shots well. The pictures are not flagship grade, of course, but they are quite good for its class.
Performance is good. It is the kind of experience we expected from the official specs and features. In summary, for N40,000, the S2 is leagues ahead of competing mobile phones.
MobilityArena Rating: 4.8 / 5.0
Check out our complete Soda S2 review.
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
The specs and features of the S2 phone make it a compelling device at its price point. Finding an Android smartphone with 3 GB of RAM or 32 GB of storage is difficult. You will usually need to spend as much as N50,000 to get a smartphone with all the features that this phone has.
In addition to the generous RAM and storage, this Soda phone has a big edge-to-edge screen, a big battery, a decent processor, as well as a dual camera at the back.
The Soda S2 phone is one of the nicest budget smartphones we have ever got our hands on so far. It is indeed very impressive. That makes this mobile phone a deal that is hard to pass by.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information about Soda S2 phone on this page is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Our rating is arrived at after we have done a review. Then we rate the device within its own class. As such, a 4.5 / 5.0 rating for a budget phone means that it is superb as a budget smartphone.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Dont sleep on this
You can buy your dream smartphone on an instalment plan. Call or message Courage on 0817 160 1491, and mention Mobility Nigeria.