Redmi Note 9s’ primary attraction is the 48-megapixel AI quad camera at the back, but there is more to make it an attractive proposition. This phone is now available in Nigeria and we have all the details for you below.
This smartphone has two variants. The first one has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM (storage memory), while the second has 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. The rest of the features and specifications are the same, and we share the key ones below.
Redmi Note 9s Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch DotDisplay. This is a display with a punch hole camera. 6.67 inches is on the big side for a smartphone display in 2020, so if you love large screens, you will likely love Redmi Note 9s. In addition, you can expect detailed images and text when viewing the screen, thanks to the 2400 x 1080 pixels resolution.
- Battery: The 5020mAh battery is massive by 2020 standards, so you can expect battery life that covers a full day and leaves you with some power for the next day.
- Charging: 18W fast charge means that if you plug in the phone to charge with an empty battery, you will have 50% power within 30 minutes. That is much faster than what regular charging does.
- USB type: This phone uses USB Type-C. That is the one with a reversible connector, not the old school USB port.
- Processor: This is the equivalent of the engine of the phone. It determines how powerful a smartphone is. Redmi Note 9s uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset. In plain English, that means that you have a very powerful smartphone here, and the “G” means it is capable of handling serious gaming. Smartphone gamers will be interested in the Redmi Note 9s.
- RAM: 4GB RAM is good for fairly smooth app launching and switching. If you go for the 6GB RAM variant, you will get an even smoother experience when you launch or switch between apps.
- Storage Memory (ROM): It means what it says: memory that you use for storing your files e.g.photos, vidoes, documents, etc. Ther lower variant has 64GB, while the higher variant has 128GB.
- Selfie Camera: 16-megapixel snapper hidden in a punch hole in the display.
- Rear Camera: There are four camera sensors at the back, and the main one has 48-megapixel resolution. Expect good pictures. The other 3 sensors include: 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor, 5MP macro sensor, and a 2MP depth camera. There is a dual LED flash to assist with low-light photography.
- Fingerprint Scanner: The fingerprint sensor is built into the Power button on the side of the phone.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
Up next, we have answers to some of your most frequently asked questions about Redmi Note 9s.
What colours is Redmi Note 9s available in?
The Note 9s is available in 3 colours, namely: Interstellar Grey, Aurora Blue, and Glacier White.
Does Redmi Note 9s have Gorilla Glass protection?
Yes; the Redmi Note 9s has Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 protecting its large 6.67: display.
Is Redmi Note 9s waterproof?
There is no mention of an official IP water or dustproof rating for the Note 9s.
Does Redmi Note 9s have NFC?
Xiaomi does not mention NFC for the Note 9s.
How much is Redmi Note 9s in Nigeria? What is the price?
The 4GB RAM version of the Redmi Note 9s has a recommended retail price (RRP) of ₦89,500, while the 6GB RAM variant sells for ₦98,500.
Is Redmi Note 9s worth buying?
For the price, the Note 9s looks like good value for money.
Where can you find the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s to buy in Nigeria? Check ecommerce sites like Jumia, Konga, and others. If, for some reason, you cannot find it to buy at any local retailer, you can head off to international ecommerce stires like Amazon and AliExpress to see if you can’t order and have it shipped to you here in Nigeria.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.
We love to hear from you - your opinions, insights and experiences with smartphones and other gadgets. Be a part of Mobility Arena's active community by sharing a comment below if comments are enabled for this page.