Huawei P40 Quick Specs: Android smartphone. Expected March 2020. Features 6.2-inch AMOLED display, Hisilicon Kirin 990 chipset, punch-hole selfie camera, Leica triple camera, 6 GB RAM, 128 GB internal memory, and a 4000 mAh battery.
Phone Status: Official. Huawei P40 and P40 Pro are 2020 flagships of the Chinese manufacturer. Both smartphones are expected to hit the market in March 2020 running Android (AOSP) 10 + EMUI 10, but without Google Mobile Services.
Huawei P40 Specs and Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G mobile network bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G mobile network bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz
- 4G mobile network bands: LTE 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 6(900) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 9(1800) / 12(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300)
- 5G mobile network bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software / OS: Android Open Source Project 10 + EMUI 10
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.2 inches, 3400 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, AMOLED display with Corning’s Gorilla Glass.
- Colours: Black, Blush Gold, Silver Frost, Deep Sea Blue, Ice White.
- Physical Build: Glass front and back
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.8 GHz Octa-core
- Processor Name: Hisilicon Kirin 990
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali-G76 MP16 GPU clcoked at up to 700 MHz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Camera: Leica triple camera, LED flash, 2160p@30fps video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 32MP punch hole camera, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture.
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speakers
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; rear-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1. Type-C.
- NFC: Yes.
Miscellaneous Specs and Features
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4000 mAh
- Battery Charging: Fast charging
- Wireless Charging: Yes.
- Reverse Charging: Yes.
- Model Number: N/A
Huawei P40 Price and Launch Date
- Announced: March 2020
- Release Date: 2020
- Country Availability: China.
- Price: .
MobilityArena Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as MobilityArena may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.
Huawei P40 Review Rating
We are yet to review the Huawei P40 and so do not have a review rating for it yet. This section will be updated with our review rating and a link to the review page, as soon as we have a review ready.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Huawei P40 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
We share free and useful content about mobile technology and services in Nigeria.