The itel brand has come a long way, growing in popularity especially with users who prefer cheaper smartphones. This brand has produced a good number of entry-level smartphones with decent specs, serving a sizeable gathering in parts of Africa and Asia.
In this piece, we will take a look at some of the common itel problems users encounter and how to fix these issues without necessarily needing a technician.
- Phone Freezes: A rather popular experience with smartphones, itel smartphone freezes can be particularly annoying, making your device heat up unnecessarily and become difficult to operate. This problem, which is one of the more common itel problems, mostly happens when your smartphone has low RAM or when your device has a corrupted file. To solve this issue, try the following steps:
- Restart your device and see if the problem ceases.
- Check your device storage for corrupted apps, if you notice any suspicious looking apps, delete them from your device.
- If none of the above steps work, try a factory reset. What you need to do is go to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data > Reset phone > Erase everything. The device will prompt you to fill in your PIN or passcode. Remember, this will wipe out all of your data that is not backed up so it should be treated as a last resort.
- Battery Dying Too Soon: Many itel devices have fair batteries with decent capacities. However, a battery that doesn’t hold out too long can be a bit of a bother, especially on a long day out where your charger or a power source may not be nearby. If you have an itel device that dies rather too quickly, you can follow these steps to tackle this issue.
- Turn off radios (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 4G) when not in use.
- Avoid running heavy apps on your smartphone especially if it is an entry-level device.
- Make sure you use the charger that came with your device, if it is not available, then get a charger that is appropriate for your smartphone.
- Reduce your display brightness.
- Low storage space: While with almost all smartphones encounter storage issues at one point or another, this is one of the more common itel problems, with a number of users having to delete tons of important information just to free up some space. If this has ever happened to your smartphone, the steps below can help you tackle this issue.
- If your device has space for an SD card, then you should get one to free up your ROM.
- You can also clear your app cache, go to settings > apps, then clear data and cache.
- If the problem still persists, you can go down the dark road of a factory reset. Follow the steps listed in the first tip to complete the factory reset.
While itel devices have become popular with a lot of entry-level smartphone users, it has had its fair share of bugs plaguing it. If you have an itel smartphone, do let us know how helpful these tips were to you in the comments’ section.
You are reading Mobility Arena, the essential guide for mobile phone users around the world. Be sure to check out our homepage for all the latest news and resources. To be notified of the most important articles and the best smartphone deals, join our WhatsApp Group and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Don’t know where to start? Check out our reviews.