Nigerian Internet subscribers are constantly looking for affordable and reliable unlimited data plans. Airtel has introduced a new set of unlimited data bundles as part of its Airtel Router Bundles / Home Broadband service. In this quick guide, we walk you through the Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard.
How does it work? You subscribe with the sum of 20,000 naira and get unlimited data for a validity period of thirty (30) days. Unsurprisingly, there is a Fair Usage Policy and threshold, but Airtel applies a different twist to make it more attractive than similar unlimited data plans from competitors.
Everything you need to know about Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard data plan
- It is a part of Airtel’s Home Broadband service, and so the plan is not available via the *141# menu for standard data plans.
- You need to buy a separate Airtel line for use as your WiFi Number for this.
- Only subscribers who have an Airtel router can subscribe to this plan.
- It costs ₦20,000 (20000 naira)
- You get unlimited data on the Airtel Nigeria network for 30 days of validity
- There is a FUP threshold of 130GB
- You get 3GB data daily after FUP i.e. if you use up your 130GB before the 30 days are up, you are able to use an extra 1GB per day till your validity period ends. That way, you are not cut off completely from the Internet till your 30 days are up.
How to activate Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard for 20000 naira
There are three ways you can activate the Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard data plan – one by using the My Airtel mobile app, by using the Airtel Home Broadband website, and by dialling a USSD code.
Activate Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard for 20000 naira via My Airtel mobile app
- Download My Airtel mobile app for Android HERE, and for iOS HERE.
- Sign in to the app with your WiFi number.
- Make sure you have ₦20,000 on your line, or recharge it with N20,000.
- In the app, find the Home Broadband/unlimited data menu and subscribe.
Activate Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard for 20000 naira via the Airtel Home Broadband website
- Browse to the airtel HBB page by clicking HERE.
- Login by typing your Mobile Number and password, then click “ENTER”.
- Click “BUY BUNDLE”. and then “BUY”.
- All the Home Bundles will be displayed on the page.
- Pick Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard and complete the subscription process to activate the plan.
Activate Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard for 20000 naira via USSD code
- Make sure you have ₦20,000 on your line,
- Dial *370# on your Airtel line.
- Follow the prompts to complete your subscription.
The Airtel Unlimited Ultra Standard subscription works only where there is Airtel 4G coverage. If you move your device outside of Airtel 4G coverage, the subscription does not work.
Airtel 4G Routers are available for ₦25,000 from Airtel stores.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.