Airtel Nigeria offers a wide range of data bundles for all pockets and needs. The network operator also offers the widest 4G LTE coverage in the country. While this Nigerian operator has a number of pocket-friendly data plans availabe for its subscribers to select from, there are times that you may need access to mobile Internet without a subscription. Which is what the Airtel PAYU data plan is about.
What exactly is Airtel PAYU data? To be more accurate, it is not exactly a data plan. It is the absence of a data bundle. The idea is that if, for any reason, you do not want to, or are unable to, purchase a data bundle, you should still be able to access Internet services and be billed on a pay as you go rate for it. You just never know.
For example, perhaps you are low on airtime and so do not have enough to buy a data bundl because you have an important call to make, but would still need to use your email or check social media for an important update, a pay-as-you-go option like this will come in handy. There may be other scenarios that will require you to use data on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Features of Airtel PAYU data plan
- Airtel PAYU lets you access the Internet without buying a data bundle.
- It provides you with Internet acces at a rate of ₦3/MB.
- You are able to better monitor your data expenses.
- Airtel PAYU data is best for light browsing, because it is more expensive in the long run than buying a data bundle.
How To Subscribe To Airtel PAYU Data Plan
To subscribe to the Airtel Pay As You Go data option, simply dial *400# on your Airtel Nigeria line, and the system will activate it and then display a welcome message to you. You can now browse on Airtel PAYU. All your Internet usage is deducted from the airtime on your line.
Is 4G Available On Airtel PAYU Data Plan?
How To Stop Airtel PAYU Data Plan
If having used Airtel PAYU and you wish to stop being charged pay as you go for data, you can de-activate it. The tricky part of being on the PAYU plan is that sometimes you may run out of bundle data or your Wifi connection goes off in the middle of a download or heavy browsing and the network will bill the rest of your activities to your airtime. Downloading at ₦3/MB can quickly eat up lots of airtime.
There are two ways to stop Airtel PAYU data prevent this from happening.
The first way is to instruct the network to stop your data whenever you use up your data bundle. This can done at the point when you are subscribing for a bundle.
- Dial *141# and choose your preferred data bundle.
- You will be asked, What should happen when your bundle finishes. Select option 1, which says, Stop My Data.
That’s it. Whenever you run out of bundle data, your Internet stops working and your airtime does not get deducted.
The second method is to dial a specific USSD code to disable Airtel PAYU plan.
- Dial *400*1#.
- You’ll get a response saying “You have been unsubscribed from Airtel FREE SURF offer“.
Your airtime will not be deducted for Internet usage any more.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.