It is a technical fact: 3G drains battery faster than Wi-Fi. As such, if you want to conserve battery on your smartphone while enjoying broadband speeds, connect via Wi-Fi. If battery life is more important to you than speed, and you do not have a Wi-Fi hotspot available, change your mobile network connection from 3G to 2G. Your phone will connect via GPRS/EDGE, which is much slower than 3G, but you will experience much longer battery life.
If you must use mobile internet, do note the following:
- GPRS/EDGE gives the slowest speeds, and longest battery life
- 3G (covers 3.5G and 3.75G) is much faster, but your battery will drain faster
- 4G LTE (if your phone and network have this) will give you faster speeds than 3G, but will drain your battery even faster
The rule is this with network data: the faster you go, the more fuel you burn. Simple. But if you have WiFi available, it is your best shot at getting good speed without emptying your battery in a few hours.
- Don’t miss our reviews.
- Follow our news on Google News.
- Join our WhatsApp Group, to be notified of the most important articles and deals,
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Dont sleep on this
You can buy your dream smartphone on an instalment plan. Call or message Courage on 0817 160 1491, and mention Mobility Nigeria.