TECNO Spark 9T is official and looking like it means business. We spent time with the Spark 8C not too long ago, and already have this model on store shelves. The Spark 9T is clearly the superior of the two, and we have spent some time with it as well.
TECNO Spark 9T Unboxing: Key Specs
Taking a look at the back side of the box, we find the following specs printed on it:
- 6.6″, 720×1612 pixels, HD+ Dot Notch Screen, with 90Hz Refresh Rate
- 32 MP Clear Selfie front camera with Dual Flash
- MediaTek Helio G37 Octa-Core processor
- 13 MP AI-Enhanced Triple Camera, with Quad Flash
- 5000mAh battery
- USB Type-C
- Memory Fusion
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- G-Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Side Fingerprint Sensor
TECNO Spark 9T Unboxing
The sales box and packaging is a white and orange affair. It is well done and quite understated in appearance. But it isn’t the box we are interested in now; is it? Inside the box, you will find the following items:
- the phone itself (the Burano Blue colour)
- Transparent silicone rubber case
- Screen protector
- Charging brick
- USB Type-C cable
- 3.5 mm audio headset
- Pamphlets and documentation
Enjoy our unboxing video:
TECNO Spark 9T First Impressions
The back panel of the Spark 9T is shiny and glossy. It reflects light and can even serve as a mirror. It is also a fingerprint magnet. Pick up the phone, and you immediately leave enough prints for every spy agency in the world to pick your prints from.
Similar to what we saw during our Camon 19 Pro unboxing, the camera module at the back of the phone has two large circular islands that give the impression of two large sensors. However, those two round islands house three lenses. The design gives the impression that this phone is designed for serious photography. The front camera is a 32-megapixel snapper, while the rear triple camera comprises a 13 MP wide-angle lens, a 2 MP depth sensor, and a QVGA sensor we are not sure of yet. But we will find out.
What is performance like? We have had our fair share of experience with the Helio G37 and 4 GB RAM combination. It is a tried and proven combination, and our experience with it here is no different. The Spark 9T is not a power house, but it runs smoothly for non-intensive day-to-day tasks. We will put it through its paces and report on it in our detailed review.
Our review unit is the 128 GB internal storage variant. There is a 64 GB storage variant, so look out for that, especially if you want to spend a little less. If you need more storage space, there is a dedicated microSD card slot available. There is no mention of fast charging in the documentation, but we took a look at the charging brick and see that it has 10W output. That isn’t fast, but it is better than creepy-crawly 5W charging.
Not to worry; we will provide more details in our detailed review coming up on our sister website, Mobility Arena. TECNO Spark 9T is already available in stores and online platforms operating in the country. The 4/64 GB variant sells for, ₦81,500, while the 4/128 GB variant has an ₦89,500 price tag.
- Check out mobile data plans from MTN, Globacom, Airtel, and 9mobile.
- Like our Facebook page: facebook.com/mobilitynigeria
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.