The specs of the Zero 8 are attention-grabbing. But what are the actual reviews saying about it, and what is the Infinix Zero 8 Price in Nigeria?
Infinix Mobility has announced and launched its 2020 flagship smartphone, the Zero 8, and it comes with features and specs to get excited about. In 2020, buzz words like 90Hz refresh rate, Quad Bayer sensor, and Helio G90T in a phone specifications sheet are bound to get attention, and they certainly got ours on Infinix Zero 8.
Let’s have a look at the core specifications and features of this shiny new diamond from Infinix.
Infinix Zero 8 Quick Specs
- Dimensions: 168.7×76.1×9.1mm, 205g;
- Body: plastic shell and frame;
- Colors: Silver Diamond, Black Diamond, Green Diamond.
- Display: 6.85″ IPS LCD, 1080x2460px resolution, 20.5:9 aspect ratio, 392ppi; 90Hz refresh rate.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90T (12 nm): Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G76 MC4.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10 + XOS 7.
- Rear camera: 64 MP wide angle main sensor; 8 MP ultrawide angle sensor; 2 MP depth sensor; 2 MP macro sensor; Quad-LED flash, HDR, panorama. Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Front camera: 48 MP wide angle main sensor + 8 MP ultrawide sensor; HDR. Video: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4500mAh; Fast charging 33W.
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; FM radio.
But specifications only tell half the story. They tell you what the phone offers, but not exactly how it performs in real use. To find out how it performs, we set out to have a look at what reviewers are saying after testing and using the phone.
Infinix Zero 8 Reviews
For starters, we have highlights from GSM Arena’s review of the phone:
- Well built, with a charming design
- 90HZ refresh rate in the display is poorly implemented – while the display is smoother than a regular 60Hz IPS, it also “exhibits a lot of fringing and ghosting, especially in text, while scrolling”.
- Not-so-good-outdoors experience – Auto brightness is slow to react.
- No color mode options available.
- Infinix’s custom skin, XOS, is busy and riddled with bloatware and ads
- The phone uses digital warranty: no need for tedious paperwork; warranty gets activated the first time you set up the Zero 8
- MediaTek Helio G90T chipset delivers solid performance
- The single loudspeaker is unimpressive in both loudness and quality.
- Camera performance on the Infinix Zero 8 is a mixed bag, with a lot of inconsistencies: AI mode and ultrawide photos are soft and very grainy. The Zero 8 struggles in low light.
- GSM Arena recommends that you use the native 64MP resolution mode for your photography, as it takes care of most of the issues they observed with the camera. You have to deal with more noise on your photos, though. What of video recording? GSM Arena says videos look underwhelming. EIS works great though.
- The selfie camera shoots good photos mostly.
- The Zero 8 offers excellent battery life.
In conclusion, GSM Arena says that all put together, Infinix Zero 8 “brings a lot of value to the table, but does so with a distinctly local-market flavor”, but still “find it hard to really outright recommend it”.
Infinix Zero 8 Alternatives
Competing alternatives to Zero 8 for you to consider include the following:
- Samsung Galaxy A51
- Samsung Galaxy M31s
- Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (see an Infinix Zero 8 vs Redmi Note 9 Pro comparison)
- Realme C15
- Realme C12
- Realme C11
- Realme 6 (see an Infinix Zero 8 vs Realme 6 comparison)
- Nokia 5.3
- Vivo Y20
You will need to import some of the above models to get your hands on them in Nigeria. One of the available competing devices available in the country is TECNO Camon 16 Premier, which shares many features and specs with the Zero 8. Here is a TECNO Camon 16 Premier and Infinix Zero 8 comparison.
Infinix Zero 8 Price in Nigeria
If interested in buying the Zero 8, it is available in physical retail stores and e-commerce websites in Nigeria for a retail price of ₦116,900.
- Infinix Zero 8 review by GSM Arena (source)
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Twitter to stay up-to-date when we publish new articles.
- Follow @MobilityNigeria on Instagram for fun stuff.