There have been a few Windows Phone smartphones with a QWERTY keyboard. All of them, bar one, have a side-sliding keyboard, but the catch is that the Windows Phone 7 OS that they run doesn’t rotate to landscape mode at all or just only in some menus. The horror! I could never use a device that requires me to twist my neck and head one way just to be able to type. HTC 7 Pro and relatives, I am looking at you. One can only hope that this strange encounter of the third kind has been rectified in Windows Phone 8.
On the flip side, Windows Phone doesn’t look and feel right on really small displays, so the standard E71-style candy bar QWERTY factor should never be considered. Till we can confirm that Windows Phone 8 handles the side sliding keyboard form better, what we are left with is vertical sliding keyboard form of the Dell Venue Pro, as pictured above. The Venue Pro has been acclaimed as one of the finest Windows Phone smartphones ever. It has a solid build, a vertical sliding QWERTY keyboard, making it possible to retain a big 4.1-inch display.
Will Nokia ever give us such a device? I think that they should consider it. I have had several enquiries from people who want to know when Nokia will be launching such a Lumia. Are you one of them? Have your say.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Business: BlackBerry Passport reminds me of the Nokia E61i - November 24, 2014
- Lumia 730 captures 1,151 people in world’s largest selfie - November 24, 2014
- MTN modifies 4.5GB data plan message - November 22, 2014
- Microsoft replaces Nokia Store with Opera Mobile Store in Nokia-branded phones - November 19, 2014
- Nokia can’t make smartphones until 2016, but they can do tablets. So, they made the N1 - November 18, 2014
- True Story: Nokia N8 kickstarted his professional career in photography - November 17, 2014
- BlackBerry 2004 meets 2014: 7290 versus Passport - November 15, 2014
- Even Governor Fashola is smitten with the selfie bug - November 14, 2014
- Why NaijaBature rocks the Gionee M2 - November 14, 2014
- Introducing Movie Creator app for Windows smartphones - November 13, 2014