I have been waiting for the v113.010.1508 software update for my Nokia 808 PureView for over a month now. Every other day, I hook up the dude to my PC and run the update check. Your device has the latest firmware. Or something like that. Lie! It doesn’t.
Now the Windows 7.8 update has been rolling out for a few days already and every day, when I hookup the Lumia 610 to check, I get pretty much the same message.
I remember waiting for months for an update for the HTC One X too. Hellish wait. Probably the fastest updates I ever got were those for the BlackBerry PlayBook. 24 hours maximum, and I had my fix.
Why do I have to be such a geeky person? This obsession with updates cannot be a good thing. After all, it isn’t like the phone will be able to time travel or do something really amazing like that after the updates. I need a life outside of mobiles. Some therapy too, maybe. In all probability, many of you reading this need one too.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014
- What do you think of Huawei Honor 6 Plus’ dual camera? - December 16, 2014
- The difference between uberBlack and uberX - December 16, 2014
- SOS to Uber from BB10 users - December 16, 2014
- Where to find a SOLO hotspot nationwide - December 16, 2014
- Xiaomi is not very profitable – Reuters - December 16, 2014
- First Look: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 3G - December 15, 2014
- BBM 10.6.4.9 ready for BlackBerry Passport - December 15, 2014
- Why a phone and tablet combination may work better than a single device - December 13, 2014