I have been waiting for the v113.010.1508 software update for my Nokia 808 PureView for over a month now. Every other day, I hook up the dude to my PC and run the update check. Your device has the latest firmware. Or something like that. Lie! It doesn’t.
Now the Windows 7.8 update has been rolling out for a few days already and every day, when I hookup the Lumia 610 to check, I get pretty much the same message.
I remember waiting for months for an update for the HTC One X too. Hellish wait. Probably the fastest updates I ever got were those for the BlackBerry PlayBook. 24 hours maximum, and I had my fix.
Why do I have to be such a geeky person? This obsession with updates cannot be a good thing. After all, it isn’t like the phone will be able to time travel or do something really amazing like that after the updates. I need a life outside of mobiles. Some therapy too, maybe. In all probability, many of you reading this need one too.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- MTN modifies 4.5GB data plan message - November 22, 2014
- Microsoft replaces Nokia Store with Opera Mobile Store in Nokia-branded phones - November 19, 2014
- Nokia can’t make smartphones until 2016, but they can do tablets. So, they made the N1 - November 18, 2014
- True Story: Nokia N8 kickstarted his professional career in photography - November 17, 2014
- BlackBerry 2004 meets 2014: 7290 versus Passport - November 15, 2014
- Even Governor Fashola is smitten with the selfie bug - November 14, 2014
- Why NaijaBature rocks the Gionee M2 - November 14, 2014
- Introducing Movie Creator app for Windows smartphones - November 13, 2014
- Finally, BlackBerry makes a really good cameraphone - November 13, 2014
- SOLO Music updated to version 2.0 - November 12, 2014