I have been waiting for the v113.010.1508 software update for my Nokia 808 PureView for over a month now. Every other day, I hook up the dude to my PC and run the update check. Your device has the latest firmware. Or something like that. Lie! It doesn’t.
Now the Windows 7.8 update has been rolling out for a few days already and every day, when I hookup the Lumia 610 to check, I get pretty much the same message.
I remember waiting for months for an update for the HTC One X too. Hellish wait. Probably the fastest updates I ever got were those for the BlackBerry PlayBook. 24 hours maximum, and I had my fix.
Why do I have to be such a geeky person? This obsession with updates cannot be a good thing. After all, it isn’t like the phone will be able to time travel or do something really amazing like that after the updates. I need a life outside of mobiles. Some therapy too, maybe. In all probability, many of you reading this need one too.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015
- 16 years ago today, the original BlackBerry was born - January 19, 2015
- Do you have Android Lollipop on your “Google” device yet? - January 19, 2015
- One more thing! Look at these beautiful smartphones from an ex-Apple CEO - January 16, 2015
- Second batch of Nokia N1 sold out in minutes - January 15, 2015
- How to install SOLO View on your tablet - January 13, 2015
- From Windows Phone back to Windows Mobile? - January 13, 2015