When Nokia Nigeria sent me a review unit of their Windows Phone 8 flagship, Lumia 920, they included a Wireless Charging Plate and Pillow by Fatboy, so I can give that a go along with the smartphone. The 920 can be charged just by placing it on the charging plate, or also by placing it on the pillow. The pillow is a very fancy and nice accessory to the charging plate, as it requires the plate to work.
So, what is in the pack? One mains plug, the charging plate, and the pillow.
How it works? Plug the charging plate into a mains socket and put your plate on your desk or a table. To charge your phone at any time, just put it down on the plate face-up. It starts charging. You want to do something on your phone? Pick it up. When done, just place it back on the plate.
As already said, the pillow is an accessory to jazz things up. Yes; a fashion accessory. The pillow will fit in more in an informal or domestic environment, like your living room where there are lots of cushions and pillows around. To use the pillow, slide the charging plate into it via a provided slot, and place your Lumia 920 on it to charge. Simple. Nice. Homely.
Before using it, it seemed like just another gimmick, but the convenience of not having to look for a cable to plug the 920 into when I need to charge it grew on me fast. It just makes sense. Drop the phone and it charges. Pick it up at any time to take or place your calls, and put it back down again. In an odd sort of way, this is one smartphone that urges me to put it down and get on with my life and business till I need it again.
Odd. Yet, it makes sense.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Reviews
- What users are saying about Microsoft Lumia 535 - January 26, 2015
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015
- 16 years ago today, the original BlackBerry was born - January 19, 2015
- Do you have Android Lollipop on your “Google” device yet? - January 19, 2015
- One more thing! Look at these beautiful smartphones from an ex-Apple CEO - January 16, 2015
- Second batch of Nokia N1 sold out in minutes - January 15, 2015
- How to install SOLO View on your tablet - January 13, 2015