I am not sure what led to this, but I got to thinking of the various mobiles that my women (feel free to interprete that anyway that suits you) use. Perhaps, it was a fallout of the interview with Mrs. Mo Mo in the special preview edition of Hangout With Mr Mo. Perhaps I was just taking stock of my women. Whatever it was, a mental audit revealed that almost all of them, including Mrs. Mo Mo, own and use a blackberry as their primary smartphone.
In contrast, I look at the men around me, especially my friends, and there is not a single one of them who use a BlackBerry at the moment. That is not to say that none of them has used BB at any point in time.
Is There a Gender Appeal to BlackBerry?
I know that I am stretching things here, because I see lots of men from time to time tapping away on their Curves and Bolds and Torches, but what if the Blackberry brand simply appeals to ladies more? just what if? Could it be that ladies find the hardware QWERTY keyboard more convenient to use, especially if you bear in mind that some of them have those talon-like nails (or fixings)? I can imagine that using a pure touch device with those talons would be hellish, if not outright comical.
I also know for sure that it is the ladies that spend more on cases and pouches for their BlackBerry smartphones. The average man (at least in my neck of the woods) uses his BB naked, almost never buying a pouch. The ladies buy white, pink, purple, red and even colour-blocking (that’s what it is called; isn’t it?) pouches. I must say that they do look trendy and classy with them.
Should it just be that there is a gender appeal to BlackBerry, perhaps RIM should take note of that in developing future devices. That would impact choices of colours, accessories, and even marketing campaigns.
But then, it might just be me and my taste for certain kind of women. My women certainly love BlackBerry.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Nokia-branded Android phone on the way? - December 23, 2014
- Tip: If you want to roam data when travelling… - December 22, 2014
- Photos: Infinix Hot X507 in the Arena - December 20, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: The Keyboard - December 20, 2014
- If marathon battery life is key, try these brands.. - December 20, 2014
- Three things the new Mtel can do right away - December 20, 2014
- Stickers, stickers, stickers everywhere!! - December 20, 2014
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014