I am not sure what led to this, but I got to thinking of the various mobiles that my women (feel free to interprete that anyway that suits you) use. Perhaps, it was a fallout of the interview with Mrs. Mo Mo in the special preview edition of Hangout With Mr Mo. Perhaps I was just taking stock of my women. Whatever it was, a mental audit revealed that almost all of them, including Mrs. Mo Mo, own and use a blackberry as their primary smartphone.
In contrast, I look at the men around me, especially my friends, and there is not a single one of them who use a BlackBerry at the moment. That is not to say that none of them has used BB at any point in time.
Is There a Gender Appeal to BlackBerry?
I know that I am stretching things here, because I see lots of men from time to time tapping away on their Curves and Bolds and Torches, but what if the Blackberry brand simply appeals to ladies more? just what if? Could it be that ladies find the hardware QWERTY keyboard more convenient to use, especially if you bear in mind that some of them have those talon-like nails (or fixings)? I can imagine that using a pure touch device with those talons would be hellish, if not outright comical.
I also know for sure that it is the ladies that spend more on cases and pouches for their BlackBerry smartphones. The average man (at least in my neck of the woods) uses his BB naked, almost never buying a pouch. The ladies buy white, pink, purple, red and even colour-blocking (that’s what it is called; isn’t it?) pouches. I must say that they do look trendy and classy with them.
Should it just be that there is a gender appeal to BlackBerry, perhaps RIM should take note of that in developing future devices. That would impact choices of colours, accessories, and even marketing campaigns.
But then, it might just be me and my taste for certain kind of women. My women certainly love BlackBerry.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015
- 16 years ago today, the original BlackBerry was born - January 19, 2015
- Do you have Android Lollipop on your “Google” device yet? - January 19, 2015
- One more thing! Look at these beautiful smartphones from an ex-Apple CEO - January 16, 2015
- Second batch of Nokia N1 sold out in minutes - January 15, 2015
- How to install SOLO View on your tablet - January 13, 2015
- From Windows Phone back to Windows Mobile? - January 13, 2015