It’s Cyril again. If you dont know who I am, search through Mobility. If you do now me, you know by now that I am a Serial Eavesdropper. So as usual, this morning on my way somewhere else, I stopped by my friend @Gbenro’s Office (Just to annoy Mr Mo, he now calls it the TechZoo) and met an ongoing argument.
@Random Guest: I wont be porting anything! It’s Useless!
@G: It’s a Slightly Useful Service..
@RG: No its not! its useful when a Market is emerging, not this far into the game! Every network now has infrastructure. What unique Groundbreaking Service makes me want to port?
@G: But, But, See we should Commend the NCC for at least…
@RG: Sharrap!!! Do you commend a day-old baby for suckling on a teat? My friend in Accra has used all the networks in Ghana while maintaining his original number. What have they done? What exactly is their Achievement?
@G: No need to be rude. So what you are saying is that there is no need to be excited when your retarded 11 year old learns to speak?
ME: Are you calling NCC a retarded 11 Year old?!!
Both (Simultaneously) : Sharrap Cyril!!
@RG: Look I am leaving now before this gets political, but think about this, if this feature had existed back then, before getting 4 lines, you could have ported your 0803 (bought cheaply :)) to test Airtel, Glo, Mtel, and now Etisalat. Now you own all 4 and can’t port without losing Data Plans or Service type (Post paid or PrePaid). You need to basically re-register the SIM! You lose 2 days of calls. In essence, it is useful if you are getting your first line, but not for old timers. (RG walks out)
@G: Cyril, How can I help you today?
Me: I saw the port videos. I liked Saka’s dance and came to ask what is the benefit of porting?
@G: Gerrout!!! (mumbles: Oniranu)
Follow this category via RSS feed: Using Mobile
- A little Meme Madness - January 26, 2014
- These people are Inciting me o! - December 5, 2013
- A tale of one phone and two reviews - August 12, 2013
- MNP: Is Celebration Necessary? - April 25, 2013
- Conversations with an Angry Techie… - October 27, 2012
- Heartbreak of a Dataholic – Part 3 - September 27, 2012
- Passwords and Fidelity – the weird Mobile Correlation - September 26, 2012
- Heartbreak of a Dataholic – Part 2 - September 25, 2012
- Heartbreak of a Dataholic – Part 1 - September 24, 2012