Nap time today, my eyes were wide awake. Sleep seemed far. It was not a bright afternoon. There was some cloud cover and the sun hidden away for the most part. There, laying in bed in my room, I had a sudden inspiration to do another shootout. This was around a quarter to 5PM.
What I did was take the shots, focusing (via touch) on a specific object, and then cropped that area out in each shot. One X is on the left on all images.
Both cameras set to 8 megapixels in automatic mode, with flash off and each set to low-light shooting modes.
You can see how the 808 captures far more light and details.
Both cameras still on 8 megapixels and automatic mode, but with flash turned on for both.
Again, this time with flashlight, the 808 trounces the One X. The latter’s LED flash struggles to keep up with the 808’s Xenon unit.
Here is what both shootouts look like cropped in a collage (no flash images at the top, and One X on the left):
There really is no competition here. I wish I could get my hands on a Lumia 920 and iPhone 5 and pit those against the 808 PureView.
The images were cropped on each respective smartphone, as both have capable enough editors built in. The collages were put together using Photo Grid HD on the HTC One X, and this article was typed out and uploaded in WordPress for Android on the same device. The much larger display of the HTC makes for easier text input and formatting.
In essence, you are reading a blog post in which EVERYTHING was done entirely on two mobile devices.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- App Review: Chatter – all your Nigerian news in one place - January 27, 2015
- What users are saying about Microsoft Lumia 535 - January 26, 2015
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015
- 16 years ago today, the original BlackBerry was born - January 19, 2015
- Do you have Android Lollipop on your “Google” device yet? - January 19, 2015
- One more thing! Look at these beautiful smartphones from an ex-Apple CEO - January 16, 2015
- Second batch of Nokia N1 sold out in minutes - January 15, 2015