While we are still on the subject of BlackBerry 10 mobile internet usage, I am told by a colleague in India that BIS is generally more expensive than generic mobile data in India. This is in contrast to the situation in Nigeria where BIS is dirt cheap. Here is the tweet from Indian-based Vedhas Patkar:
— Vedhas Patkar (@vedhaspatkar) February 2, 2013
Clearly, while Nigerian Blackberry subscribers may be griping about the new development with BB 10, I doubt that Indian BlackBerry subscribers are bothered.
You Can’t Eat your Cake & have It
Meanwhile, like I said earlier, Nigerian BB subscribers cannot eat their cake and have it: if you want dirt cheap BIS, stay with BlackBerry 5/6/7 devices; if you want the fancy new moves, upgrade to BlackBerry 10.
Or Perhaps You Can
As many readers already know, some mobile networks in Nigeria now bundle generous mobile internet allocations with BIS subscriptions. That means that subscribers on these networks can freely purchase BB10 devices and just use the bundled generic internet plan with them. What do you think? Sounds like eating your cake and having it, if you ask me.
Perhaps thngs are not really as bad as they look for those of you who really, really want to upgrade to a BlackBerry Z10 or Q10.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- A visual tour of Android 5 Lollipop - January 31, 2015
- App review: APC Situation Room for Windows Phone - January 31, 2015
- Why Lumia 920 has remained the top Windows Phone flagship till date - January 29, 2015
- How well different mobile browsers support HTML5 - January 29, 2015
- App Review: Chatter – all your Nigerian news in one place - January 27, 2015
- What users are saying about Microsoft Lumia 535 - January 26, 2015
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015