While we are still on the subject of BlackBerry 10 mobile internet usage, I am told by a colleague in India that BIS is generally more expensive than generic mobile data in India. This is in contrast to the situation in Nigeria where BIS is dirt cheap. Here is the tweet from Indian-based Vedhas Patkar:
— Vedhas Patkar (@vedhaspatkar) February 2, 2013
Clearly, while Nigerian Blackberry subscribers may be griping about the new development with BB 10, I doubt that Indian BlackBerry subscribers are bothered.
You Can’t Eat your Cake & have It
Meanwhile, like I said earlier, Nigerian BB subscribers cannot eat their cake and have it: if you want dirt cheap BIS, stay with BlackBerry 5/6/7 devices; if you want the fancy new moves, upgrade to BlackBerry 10.
Or Perhaps You Can
As many readers already know, some mobile networks in Nigeria now bundle generous mobile internet allocations with BIS subscriptions. That means that subscribers on these networks can freely purchase BB10 devices and just use the bundled generic internet plan with them. What do you think? Sounds like eating your cake and having it, if you ask me.
Perhaps thngs are not really as bad as they look for those of you who really, really want to upgrade to a BlackBerry Z10 or Q10.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014
- What do you think of Huawei Honor 6 Plus’ dual camera? - December 16, 2014
- The difference between uberBlack and uberX - December 16, 2014
- SOS to Uber from BB10 users - December 16, 2014
- Where to find a SOLO hotspot nationwide - December 16, 2014
- Xiaomi is not very profitable – Reuters - December 16, 2014
- First Look: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 3G - December 15, 2014
- BBM 10.6.4.9 ready for BlackBerry Passport - December 15, 2014