Have you ever put your Globacom SIM card in a new smartphone, but found out that though you are subscribed to a data plan and have the proper GloFlat APN configuration on your device, you are still being billed for internet usage from your airtime? I have had this experience on a few Android and Windows Phone smartphones. The good news is that I eventually cracked the nut and found the solution to this problem.
This issue will be peculiar to users who once had GloDirect service activated on their lines years ago ever before the new GloFlat settings were introduced, though a few newer users may experience it too. Back in the day, GloDirect offered mobile internet at lower than regular tariffs, but was pay-as-you-go. Billing was done from the user’s airtime. It appears that unless the GloDirect service is de-activated, there is something about the way that a few smartphones are built that make them lock on to it and use that regardless of what other settings are entered in the device or what data plan is subscribed to.
If you find that despite having the correct GloFlat settings on your device, your airtime is being used up when you use internet services, it is likely that you once had GloDirect activated on your line and that is creating a conflict on your line.
To resolve this issue, go to the nearest GloWorld outlet and request that GloDirect (also known as GloSecure) be de-activated. Once that is done, you are high and dry and never have to worry about your airtime being debited for internet usage again.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Why Lumia 920 has remained the top Windows Phone flagship till date - January 29, 2015
- How well different mobile browsers support HTML5 - January 29, 2015
- App Review: Chatter – all your Nigerian news in one place - January 27, 2015
- What users are saying about Microsoft Lumia 535 - January 26, 2015
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015
- 16 years ago today, the original BlackBerry was born - January 19, 2015
- Do you have Android Lollipop on your “Google” device yet? - January 19, 2015