I use the official Twitter for Android app as my preferred Twitter app on all droids that I get to use. However, I notice that there is the sentiment in certain quarters that it is rubbish. I am not sure what to make of that. I have used other 3rd party apps – Tweetcaster and Tweet Lanes being my favourites, but keep returning to Twitter for Android. Someone just recommended that I give Plume a try. Being the adventurer, I shall.
But back to the official Twitter for Android app. It handles my notifications well, lets me tweet and attach media and my location, quote tweets, retweet, follow my interaction and mentions, search, manage lists, as well as manage DMs. I can also edit my profile from there, as well as block and report SPAM. The only useful feature that I find missing is the ability to mute.
If you have used Twitter for Android, do you think that it is rubbish? If so, in what way?
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- The new Nokia: light-footed and nimble - November 28, 2014
- How to stop Twitter app from tracking what apps you have on your phone - November 28, 2014
- From India: Celkon Win 400 is the most affordable Windows smartphone - November 28, 2014
- BlackBerry 10 versus Windows Phone - November 27, 2014
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus eating the cheese of iPads? - November 27, 2014
- This is why mobile networks are trying to put a smartphone in your hand - November 25, 2014
- [Photos] When Mister Mo went to the first ever Etisalat iParty - November 25, 2014
- Business: BlackBerry Passport reminds me of the Nokia E61i - November 24, 2014
- Lumia 730 captures 1,151 people in world’s largest selfie - November 24, 2014
- MTN modifies 4.5GB data plan message - November 22, 2014