I use the official Twitter for Android app as my preferred Twitter app on all droids that I get to use. However, I notice that there is the sentiment in certain quarters that it is rubbish. I am not sure what to make of that. I have used other 3rd party apps – Tweetcaster and Tweet Lanes being my favourites, but keep returning to Twitter for Android. Someone just recommended that I give Plume a try. Being the adventurer, I shall.
But back to the official Twitter for Android app. It handles my notifications well, lets me tweet and attach media and my location, quote tweets, retweet, follow my interaction and mentions, search, manage lists, as well as manage DMs. I can also edit my profile from there, as well as block and report SPAM. The only useful feature that I find missing is the ability to mute.
If you have used Twitter for Android, do you think that it is rubbish? If so, in what way?
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014
- What do you think of Huawei Honor 6 Plus’ dual camera? - December 16, 2014
- The difference between uberBlack and uberX - December 16, 2014
- SOS to Uber from BB10 users - December 16, 2014
- Where to find a SOLO hotspot nationwide - December 16, 2014
- Xiaomi is not very profitable – Reuters - December 16, 2014
- First Look: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 3G - December 15, 2014
- BBM 10.6.4.9 ready for BlackBerry Passport - December 15, 2014
- Why a phone and tablet combination may work better than a single device - December 13, 2014