I am a photography lover and smartphone photography is something that I particularly enjoy. Though a mid-range smartphone, the Sony Xperia P features an 8 megapixel camera with a single LED flash. I have taken it for a spin in different scenarios, and here share some of the photos with you.
Photos taken in good lighting come out fine, though they are nothing spectacular. In poor lighting, I found the flash rather weak, and not well aligned. Photos taken with the flash active turn out with only the upper part of the image illuminated (see the bottom self-portrait) . Every single shot with flash active turned out that way. That suggests a hardware flaw of some sort. I hope that it is just this unit.
In all, it is not a bad camera for a mid-range device. The off-target flash is a terrible disappointment though. It just makes a mess of using the camera in low light. Well, there you are!
Follow this category via RSS feed: Reviews
- Nokia-branded Android phone on the way? - December 23, 2014
- Tip: If you want to roam data when travelling… - December 22, 2014
- Photos: Infinix Hot X507 in the Arena - December 20, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: The Keyboard - December 20, 2014
- If marathon battery life is key, try these brands.. - December 20, 2014
- Three things the new Mtel can do right away - December 20, 2014
- Stickers, stickers, stickers everywhere!! - December 20, 2014
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014