Guide – How to Transfer contacts from your BlackBerry to an Android phone
Last night, I received a help request from someone who wanted to know how to transfer his contacts from BlackBerry to an Android phone. Here is how to go about it. You will need a Gmail account for this. It should also work with a Hotmail/Live/Outlook account.
1. Setup your email account on your BlackBerry
2. If you have an older BlackBerry smartphone (OS5 and below, I believe), you will need Google Sync for BlackBerry, an app that lets you sync your contacts, calender and email with Google’s suit of services (skip this if you’re using a Hotmail/Live/Outlook email account) and use the app to synchronise with your Gmail account
3. If you have a newer Blackberry device, it should sync your contacts with your email account automatically.
4. On your Android smartphone, setup your email account and your synchronised contacts should be automatically transferred to the phone.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- A visual tour of Android 5 Lollipop - January 31, 2015
- App review: APC Situation Room for Windows Phone - January 31, 2015
- Why Lumia 920 has remained the top Windows Phone flagship till date - January 29, 2015
- How well different mobile browsers support HTML5 - January 29, 2015
- App Review: Chatter – all your Nigerian news in one place - January 27, 2015
- What users are saying about Microsoft Lumia 535 - January 26, 2015
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015