There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Instagram, the photo sharing service that Facebook recently purchased. The service is available via web and mobile apps. Personally, I have never used it. I am not sure of the value of such a service. If I have photos to share, I would put them up where I hangout regularly to discuss and engage others – places like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Still, I am not the average person, so there.
If you are anything like the average person, perhaps you use (or have used) Instagram. How do you use it? Share with us. Some of us non-believers might learn a thing or two.
In the meantime, I understand that you might find that picture you uploaded to Instagram on a billboard in Scandinavia one day. You see, the new owners (Facebook, that is) have announced new Terms of Service. Basically, the new Instagram ToS give Facebook the perpetual rights to license your pictures to any company or organization, and the photos could be used for advertisements. So Facebook makes money selling those awesome photographs that you took, while you walk away empty-handed. A classic case of “Monkey dey work; baboon dey chop”.
Of course, you were the one who was so excited to show off your pictures. For free too. So, tell us: in addition to how you have used Instagram before now, what is your response to this new development?
PS: The new ToS takes effect January 16th, so you have till then to decide what you want to do.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Lumia 730 captures 1,151 people in world’s largest selfie - November 24, 2014
- MTN modifies 4.5GB data plan message - November 22, 2014
- Microsoft replaces Nokia Store with Opera Mobile Store in Nokia-branded phones - November 19, 2014
- Nokia can’t make smartphones until 2016, but they can do tablets. So, they made the N1 - November 18, 2014
- True Story: Nokia N8 kickstarted his professional career in photography - November 17, 2014
- BlackBerry 2004 meets 2014: 7290 versus Passport - November 15, 2014
- Even Governor Fashola is smitten with the selfie bug - November 14, 2014
- Why NaijaBature rocks the Gionee M2 - November 14, 2014
- Introducing Movie Creator app for Windows smartphones - November 13, 2014
- Finally, BlackBerry makes a really good cameraphone - November 13, 2014