There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Instagram, the photo sharing service that Facebook recently purchased. The service is available via web and mobile apps. Personally, I have never used it. I am not sure of the value of such a service. If I have photos to share, I would put them up where I hangout regularly to discuss and engage others – places like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Still, I am not the average person, so there.
If you are anything like the average person, perhaps you use (or have used) Instagram. How do you use it? Share with us. Some of us non-believers might learn a thing or two.
In the meantime, I understand that you might find that picture you uploaded to Instagram on a billboard in Scandinavia one day. You see, the new owners (Facebook, that is) have announced new Terms of Service. Basically, the new Instagram ToS give Facebook the perpetual rights to license your pictures to any company or organization, and the photos could be used for advertisements. So Facebook makes money selling those awesome photographs that you took, while you walk away empty-handed. A classic case of “Monkey dey work; baboon dey chop”.
Of course, you were the one who was so excited to show off your pictures. For free too. So, tell us: in addition to how you have used Instagram before now, what is your response to this new development?
PS: The new ToS takes effect January 16th, so you have till then to decide what you want to do.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- A visual tour of Android 5 Lollipop - January 31, 2015
- App review: APC Situation Room for Windows Phone - January 31, 2015
- Why Lumia 920 has remained the top Windows Phone flagship till date - January 29, 2015
- How well different mobile browsers support HTML5 - January 29, 2015
- App Review: Chatter – all your Nigerian news in one place - January 27, 2015
- What users are saying about Microsoft Lumia 535 - January 26, 2015
- Hulk or Hercules? See BlackBerry Passport beside Curve 9320 - January 26, 2015
- Photos: This Lumia (535) is on Denim - January 22, 2015
- What apps are you missing on Windows Phone? - January 21, 2015
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Performance and Battery Usage - January 20, 2015