There has been a lot of buzz surrounding Instagram, the photo sharing service that Facebook recently purchased. The service is available via web and mobile apps. Personally, I have never used it. I am not sure of the value of such a service. If I have photos to share, I would put them up where I hangout regularly to discuss and engage others – places like Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Still, I am not the average person, so there.
If you are anything like the average person, perhaps you use (or have used) Instagram. How do you use it? Share with us. Some of us non-believers might learn a thing or two.
In the meantime, I understand that you might find that picture you uploaded to Instagram on a billboard in Scandinavia one day. You see, the new owners (Facebook, that is) have announced new Terms of Service. Basically, the new Instagram ToS give Facebook the perpetual rights to license your pictures to any company or organization, and the photos could be used for advertisements. So Facebook makes money selling those awesome photographs that you took, while you walk away empty-handed. A classic case of “Monkey dey work; baboon dey chop”.
Of course, you were the one who was so excited to show off your pictures. For free too. So, tell us: in addition to how you have used Instagram before now, what is your response to this new development?
PS: The new ToS takes effect January 16th, so you have till then to decide what you want to do.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Tip: If you want to roam data when travelling… - December 22, 2014
- Photos: Infinix Hot X507 in the Arena - December 20, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: The Keyboard - December 20, 2014
- If marathon battery life is key, try these brands.. - December 20, 2014
- Three things the new Mtel can do right away - December 20, 2014
- Stickers, stickers, stickers everywhere!! - December 20, 2014
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014
- What do you think of Huawei Honor 6 Plus’ dual camera? - December 16, 2014