In what started about 5 months ago and developed into an everyday affair, Airtel Nigeria has practically turned my phone to a destination of varying offers and promotions. This is something that made me so angry that I wrote a blog post about it almost 5 months ago titled Dear Airtel Nigeria: Stop spamming me.
Apparently, that plea fell on deaf ears. The situation has now worsened and I receive about 5 texts on average everyday telling me about this data plan or that amazing offer. This recently became an even greater issue when I was expecting a very important SMS and during that duration I received about 3 annoying SMS from Airtel telling me to call 141. Each time I picked up the phone with anticipation only to discover that it was Airtel, I was enraged.
Last week Friday I received an SMS wishing me a happy weekend ahead. Of course, the text was concluded with the suggestion that I call 141 for “Amazing offers”. What can we do to compel a company like Airtel to put an end to this nonsense? I mean, real action.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Tips
- Should you tinker with your Android device? - January 5, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Hands-on photos - October 1, 2013
- How to use Android Device Manager - August 14, 2013
- Meet Rockmelt, My Favourite NewsReader - July 7, 2013
- Hands on with iOS 7 beta 2 - July 6, 2013
- Lost in Samsung’s Galaxy - July 5, 2013
- An Android fanboy meets the iPad 3 - June 12, 2013
- I Want an iPhone 5 – Emmagine - March 13, 2013
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Review: A Capable Elder Brother? - February 11, 2013
- Best Android Apps for Students - February 7, 2013