Yesterday, I put the Galaxy Note through its paces to see how long it’s 3100 mAh battery would last under intense use from me running the regular tasks that I use my smartphones for on a day-to-day basis.
I had it charged up to the 100% mark and unplugged it at 9.48am. I was not with a PC at all all day and so all my computing was done on the Note II. So, how did I use the N7100?
The network was pegged permanently to 3G mode. I took nine (9) photographs with the camera, spoke on the phone for a total time of about 5 minutes, and had an active 3G connection of consistent usage for email, web, WhatsApp, Twitter and some intermittent use of WordPress app. The Note II was barely out of use for more than 15 minutes at any one time, except for three breaks of 30 – 45 minutes each.
The Note II’s battery held out all day till 10.12pm when the phablet shut down. That is a run of 12 hours and 24 minutes of heavy use. This is mpressive for a device with such a huge 5.5-inch display and a quad-core 1.6 GHz processor.
The screenshot below was taken from the Battery Usage menu under Settings after I restarted the Note II. To restart it after draining the battery completely meant that I had to keep it plugged to a wall socket to power it up (you can see that it is charging at 4%), so the reading gives an accurate figure of how many hours it ran last on battery.
Any smartphone that can give me a 12 hour run under heavy use deserves praise. If you want to forget about carrying a charging cable about, and you can live with the size, the Galaxy Note II comes highly recommended.
Follow this category via RSS feed: Reviews
- Photos: Infinix Hot X507 in the Arena - December 20, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: The Keyboard - December 20, 2014
- If marathon battery life is key, try these brands.. - December 20, 2014
- Three things the new Mtel can do right away - December 20, 2014
- Stickers, stickers, stickers everywhere!! - December 20, 2014
- 2014 flagships comparison – Lumia 930, Galaxy S5, iPhone 6 - December 19, 2014
- Why mobile apps may kill Google - December 18, 2014
- BlackBerry Passport Review: Form Factor - December 17, 2014
- What do you think of Huawei Honor 6 Plus’ dual camera? - December 16, 2014
- The difference between uberBlack and uberX - December 16, 2014